The Final Word

Saiko sat, using the one usable chair, while the two mercenaries did what they wanted to. It wasn't like she was going to order them around. After all, there were plenty of hours to kill, and so they waited. There was plenty to see, however, as her eyes wandered the room. As they approached this shack, she didn't think there could possibly be much of value, but... now that she sat where Momo had eaten countless times, she found a new appreciation. Many of the old relics were charred, but still mostly intact. Everything was hand made from a limited set of materials, so everything had hard work and care put into it. It allowed these things to have something that many of her current valuables in the city just... didn't: character. As she mused on this, however, they heard sounds of pain, and then one long scream. Quickly getting to their feet, the woman mercenary acted first and went outside, and then shouted before her cries were silenced. The final mercenary, thinking quickly, he went downstairs and pulled up the asset. It was now, when she basically knew they were defeated, that she realized it would have been better to, instead of bringing her home, to convince them otherwise... but that, she had long ago realized, would have been a lesson in futility. After all, the Doctor and the Master had been around long before her. They knew best, as Saiko was constantly reminded, and while she was valuable, she wasn't invaluable. She'd pay for this massive blunder. After all, the Merchant wasn't hired by her. The Master had pulled strings to get the Skull Merchant involved, and now that they... and her... had failed, there would be dire consequences. Her quirk taken. Her company dismantled, assimilated into a conglomerate of others in his web... Her death. Or worse. Either way, it would be her end.

It was then that a thought came to her mind. As the man had his back to her, she could see a gun on the table. Familiar with all sorts of weapons due to her upbringing, she carefully got it, and prepared for Momo's arrival.

Anna viewed her handiwork. She dragged the merc beyond the treeline and left it. There were signs of new bears in the area, and they needed to eat. A new alliance to form with the motherland. It was then that the leader, in unbearable pain, said, "You've killed all of us, you psycho! What's next?"

She turned to him. He was hanging from a tree, on a metal hook she'd made. She didn't want him to end... peacefully. She didn't know his name, but he was going to leave her... life donor behind.

Everything about her didn't make sense to Anna. She claimed to care about her, yet... her actions didn't back it up. She would make her reveal which was false. Humming, she approached the ruins of her home... and stepped into the doorframe.

Before her, were three individuals. However, she immediately noticed that Tia was there, as a captive. The male mercenary had a gun to her head. He had temporary power, but what he didn't realize was that he had sealed his fate. "Drop. Her. Now."

"Give up, and I'll consider it." The man said, and she glanced at her birth mother. "Did you want this?"

"No... I didn't. But you forced my hand. You don't know what position I am in."

Anna narrowed her eyes, and she said harshly. "You are in charge..."

Tia, however, laughed. She didn't care about the situation at all. "No she's not. She was bound just like you were. Just not in a way you've seen..."

The mercenary shook her slightly, "Quiet, you!"

That got her mad, and, seeing red, she flicked her hand flinging a forming hatchet. He was struck in his left arm, dropping her to the ground. In response, the man aimed his gun. Anna froze, unable to react in time as a loud bang rang out in the house.