The Slithering Teaser and the Teased Tsundere

Okay, 😅😅😅 the whole time I was writing this; I felt really giddy and awkward 🫤 because I know full well the interactions between Snake and Doom is probably not gonna be as realistic like in the originals (Sorry if I wrote them a little out of character in this). However, I did kinda thought it'd be kinda nice to see Snake and Doom's interactions grow a little bit if the whole 'Mr. Snake becomes the next antagonist' didn't really happened. Plus, I did like her in the books, so I thought, "Why not write a fanfic of this?" 😄  Also, she kinda gives me the "teased tsundere" vibes (Even though she seems to be more of the 'Kuudere' type) but other than that, I hope you enjoy!

      "So, want to sing with me?"

     A female crow nearly choked on a cup of water she drank from. The liquid travels down the wrong pipe in her throat. She hacked and coughed into her feathery forearm until her throat invited open air once again. She placed her cup on the table as she gazed back to the eastern brown snake in front of her. He smiled at her with a brief, nervous expression lining his scaly face. "I-I'm sorry, what?," Doom stuttered, her eyeballs growing wide in bewilderment.

     Mr. Snake chuckled. "I said...." He uses his tail to play a karaoke video of 'Baby it's Cold Outside' on his phone through YouTube. "Do you want to sing with me . . . Joy?" He carelessly allows the device to fall on his bed as the sweet melody of romantic Christmas music slowly start playing. It's not even the Christmas season.

     She quietly lets Mr. Snake's emphasis use of her real name slide for now. Agent Doom could only stare at her crush uncertainly. He elegantly twirled his limbless body with his eyes shut closed. He's clearly getting in tune with the soft, gentle music he's put on. Which is oddly ironic considering Doom never took him for the "Singing" type. Let alone be into tender songs like, "Baby It's Cold Outside." The anthro bird girl just rolled her eyes in annoyance.

     Honestly, if she were just plain old Agent Doom like before, and this mischievous snake played this cheap 40s song, especially around a crowd full of people, she woulda just scowled at him and fly away after a snappy remark to frustrate him.

     However, this was something she both loved and hated ever since more recruits, like the velociraptor dude and the 'Good Guys Club', joined their team: Every once in awhile, it seemed as if the newly animals (mostly Mr. Snake) sometimes know how to easily poke her soft spots to slip past her negative attitude, and into the content side of herself.

     Even though it gives Doom some sort of happiness to know that these funny/kind animals, other than her friends, are not as annoyed or intimidated by her cold, cynical behavior like how everyone else would, there also comes to a disadvantage. . .

     Doom may love her fellow girlfriends without showing it often, especially Agent Fox, who's always sweet to everyone, there are times she just wished they'd shut up about her old, childlike, merry attitude she once had as a child. And her delight for music whenever she's not in the mood to do science experiments with Milton (the velociraptor) and Mr. Tarantula. That's just a good way for Snake to mercilessly tease her for why she was named 'Joy' as a kid in the first place, including her hobbies.

     When Doom still didn't peel her questionable gaze away from the dancing snake a few feet nearby, he just flashed her with a charming smile and wiggled his eyebrows.

     The female crow blushed, but her gaze manages to remain stony. "Okay, I umm . . . Look, it's been alright hanging out with you, I guess, but I . . . I gotta go—"

       "Baby it's cold outside...," Mr. Snake sang the first line of the song smoothly. Agent Doom mentally cursed at herself.

     Crap . . . his room doesn't have a high ceiling so I can't just fly away!