2| Horizon

Glory dove off of the platform towards a frantic Tsunami. She was waving her wings in panic, Riptide standing close behind her. Glory landed in front of them and Riptide bowed his head in a respectful manner while Tsunami just frowned at her.

At least some dragons had respect for queens.

"What is it?" Glory asked, rarely ever seen Tsunami this afraid.

"Clay's missing," Tsunami said quickly. "He's just gone. Like, snatched in thin air."

Glory frowned. Clay? The big, strong MudWing snatched in thin air? The one that could probably fight off five SkyWings all by himself? That Clay?

"What, was he abducted?" I demanded, my frown depending.

"I highly doubt it," Riptide said as he took a step forward. "He can't easily get abducted like that, unless he was outnumbered."

"Sunny went to Thorn for help and my mother is sending out patrols, but we can't find a clue of Clay," Tsunami said with an irritated groan. "It's been like this for days, now."

"You've known Clay was missing for days and didn't even bother telling me?" Glory hissed in anger. "Gee, did it ever occur to you that I could've sent some of my RainWings on patrols, too? More out on the hunt?"

"Didn't even think about it," Tsunami replied sarcastically. "In fact, that's totally not the reason why I'm here now."

Glory bristled in anger, huffing in aggravation at Tsunami. She let the sarcastic remark slide for now and called out to Treetop, one of her invisible RainWing bodyguards.

"Yes, Your Majesty?" she asked, shifting out of her camouflage into a soft grey and gold. Riptide seemed startled at her presence while Tsunami didn't even seem bothered.

"Send my best RainWings out on patrol for Clay. Tell them to search the whole forest and report back any information before I send them out beyond the kingdom." Treetrunk bowed before turning around and darting past the trees, towards the royal pavilion.

"I need to find the Obsidian Mirror," Tsunami said as she looked around the rainforest with a frown. "I'm not sure where it's located."

"Try Jade Mountain," Riptied offered. "I'm pretty sure that's where Starflight put it. In some secret safe, I believe."

"Not so secret if you know about it," Tsunani snorted before turning around to take off. She froze and looked over her shoulder at Glory. "And thanks, by the way."

She took off, Riptide on her tail as she flew west, towards Jade Mountain. Glory turned around and stopped when a RainWing guard, Blossom, thudded down in front of her. She quickly bowed her head.

"Your Majesty, a dead MudWing body was found deep in the deep part of the forest," Blossom said. "A dragonet picking fruits found it and reported it to her mother, who reported it to us."

Glory's heart sank. "Who's body is it?"

Blossom seemed uneasy. "We presume it is Clay of the MudWings."

"*"

"Where is it?" Glory demanded as they finally landed in the eastern part of the forest. "Where's the body?"

Blossom, along with Treetop, Iguana, and Tadpole circled the queen protectively. Iguana stepped forward, clearing away a bush. Behind it lay a dead MudWing and a dead Night Wing, whose neck was slit open. Glory frowned.

"You never told me there was a dead NightWing," she said, turning to the RainWings.

"We... we didn't notice it, Your Majesty," Tadpole said as he frowned in confusion.