Chapter 5

A/N Disclaimer: I do not own PJO or HoO incase it ever comes up...most likely will, probably has already but I don't want to change what I have written for every disclaimer. Well, my mind blanked and I have no clue what else to write here so i'll let you continue on reading.

Edited: 12/5/2018

Linebreak ~

When it finally came time to leave, I had had all of my stuff packed into this small cube, basically functioning as a little pocket dimension. I was dressed in a white shirt, black pants, boots, and a black denim and grey knit vest hoodie because of the weather.

I quickly said goodbye to Ananke, Chronos, Gaea, Erebus, and Hemera, waving at them all as I vapor traveled out. I focused on the school's location while going over everything Chronos and Ananke had kept reminding me about. Like becoming friends with people. I don't think they realized I was raised as an only child, bar Hemera as she was usually in a younger form.

I opened my eyes as I felt the wind chill from how cold it was. I pushed my hands into my pockets, seeing my breath fog as I stepped towards the school. It looked castle-esque, really strict and regal looking. Everything was covered in sleet or had a thin layer of ice forming over it. I walked up the steps to the entrance doors, quietly mumbling to myself, "This better be worth all the shit I'm gonna have to deal with."

I stepped inside, feeling myself untense from the cold as a gust of hot air hit my face. I shook myself off of the snow which had fallen on me while I was outside and continued on walking to where the dance was supposed to be being held. The demigods shouldn't be arriving for probably another hour.

I soon came to a line of people waiting to enter the gym where it was being held. While waiting, I looked around for where the two children were and for any other monsters, besides the manticore, which could've been after them.

As I grew closer to the front of the line, I took notice of a man with slicked back hair, heterochromatic blue and brown eyes, wearing a military-style uniform. I had a deep temptation to salute at him because of how often Erebus and I did it to each other out of habit.

As I was finally at the front of the line, the man looked at me, his eyes slightly narrowed as he took me in. "Pardon me, but I don't believe I've ever seen you around here before." The man said with a distinct, French accent. I read his name tag which was pinned to his left breast: Dr. Thorn. 'Huh, that's not the least bit suspicious,' I thought to myself, fighting the urge to smirk. 'Hades really put them in a school where the Vice Principle is a gods-damned manticore.'

"I was transferred here very recently," I replied, smiling at him. "I'm in Mrs. Chalksgott's class, that's most likely why you don't recognize me," I added. He kept his eyes narrowed at me, but let me through along with about ten other students. I shook my head to myself as I entered the gym, not believing he actually let me in.

Red, black, and white balloons covered the floor. Guys were kicking them in each other's faces or attempting to strangle each other with the paper streamers. Groups over girls were huddled together, wearing very bright and revealing clothing as they went around the place, every once in a while surrounding a poor guy and then leaving him with string in his hair and lipstick graffiti covering his face. Others like me were off to the sides, playing basketball or just trying to keep a distance and hide.

I looked around at all the mobs of dancing kids, spotting two people standing out against the brightly colored clothes of the kids. A boy and a girl, they were both wearing dark-colored clothes, except for the floppy green hat which the girl had on. It looked like the boy was getting chewed out by the girl, shuffling a deck of cards in his hands nervously. They both had ebony black hair, olive skin, dark brown eyes, and an aura of death and danger emitting from them. Maybe we could be good friends, after all.