Sankarea

Year: Spring 2012

Subbed

Episodes: 12 + 3 OVA

Cat.: Zombies, Romantic comedy, Shounen

Summary:

Chihiro is a macabre-loving high school student who collects horror films and thinks shacking up with a zombie chick would be hot. But though the idea of death is alluring, when faced with the actual death of his beloved pet cat, the teen buckles under the grief, and becomes determined to bring his deceased companion back to life. Every night, he sneaks off to an abandoned building and attempts to brew a resurrection potion, and it's here that he meets Rea, the beautiful daughter of the well-to-do Sanka family. However, the girl is having some troubles of her own, and after a mix-up ends up zombified herself! Now the horror fanatic is living the dream with his very own zombie girlfriend, but how will the pair deal with Rea's new diet and the onset of rigor mortis?

*********************************************************************

There are a lot of American zombie horror film references throughout this anime.

While zombie stories aren't a new concept, I thought the setup for this one could prove to be very interesting, and could tackle the genre in a new light.. or something like that.

 the animation was interesting. It focused a lot on background and scenery, yet the characters themselves seemed to be simple, but good enough for its era. The sound was pretty mellow and nice.

This is the first anime I've watched with an actually pedophile. There are a lot of anime that dance around paedophilia with lolis and shotas, but this was legit.

The manga is still ongoing so the ending of the ending could leave you a little disappoint with the questions left over, but with the romance part of the was wrapped up with the anime ending.  Questions about what Chihiro's grandfather really knows about zombies. More about Chihiro's mother and that place where he found the book to turn someone into a zombie.

I haven't started reading the manga yet, but I plan to as soon as I finish about half of the ones I'm reading right now.

I give it a 3.5 out of 5.