~{ EPILOGUE }~

Ha! I made it. Here you go, the epilogue and last part ever of this story. Grab your tissues and dive into the last update of Unsinkable Love!

_____________

Epilogue

Some may know their purpose in life.

And some may spend their whole life seeking for their purpose.

However, some have the luck (or bad luck) of being touched by fate.

"Granny, I am writing this to honour you and grandpa." Lizzy sighs, fearing her project's failure. Fearing of not knowing her ancestor's story with all the details. She took her fragile great-grandmother's hand in hers, her skin so thin that you could touch the nub of her bluish veins. The future movie director insisted, gently, afraid that her words could touch the healed scar: "I know it's been a long time, but could you please try to remember something... anything?"

The lady, wrinkled from the time of a century, remained still. Her blue eyes were a mirror for the past, for a whole life and secrets only the other half of her heart was aware of. Because, some day, they agreed on leaving the past in the past. Because hearts go on, and you don't have to live the same night every day. Although, every time the once young woman set eyes on her children, she couldn't think of anything else but that night. That ship. The cold. The love of her life. Chaos.

Truth is, her life was, indeed, a rollercoaster. She made her life worth it. Worth of being saved from the depths of the Atlantic. She loved her children and grandchildren. She loved the family they had built together. She wouldn't change a thing, even if she could.

Although, now, it was time.

Time to leave her legacy.

"Could you please try to explain what you and grandpa had? When did you meet or... Why did you choose each other?" The granddaughter attempted, one more time, staring at the numb expression printed on the old lady's face.

Until her gaze softened. And, looking closely, you could even spot a teardrop in the corner of her wrinkled eye. Her husband had passed away a couple of years ago, and some dared to say she wouldn't survive without him. However, she swore him she would never let go until it was time.

She still could feel his touch, his tenderness.

The bluish warmth from his eyes, magnetic, unexplainable.

"Oh, sweetie... I have told you almost all of it, haven't I?" The lady asks, softly squeezing her granddaughter's hand. "Your grandpa and I... He saved me in every way someone can be saved." A weak, tired smile adorned her face. Rose sought her granddaughter's eyes, still holding her hand in a chaste gesture. Because this is a conversation which requires both the words and the unseen feeling only the eyes can tell. "He was the missing piece in my heart. He is my soulmate."

"This is beautiful, grandma." Lizzy genuinely smiled at her, "Can you tell me more about a... Soulmate?"

"Well, there's a Greek myth I heard, at some point of my life. It says that people are born with two legs, two arms, two lungs, but one heart, only. And, the other half, you may find it. You may seek it in other people, and it may never fit. You have to trust. Or, even when you are about to end your life, it may find you." Rose breathed in, some tears streaming down her cheek. "That's how I met your grandfather, Jack."

The girl was eager to know more, surprised by the revelation.

"It must be hard to believe right now, but I once belonged to a wealthy society. A very wealthy, fancy and empty society. Truth is, I never belonged there. Jack used to say I was mailed to the wrong address." She chuckled softly, the memories as vivid as her feelings. "I was seventeen when I boarded the Titanic. I had everything a girl could wish for. But wealthness is not a synonym for happiness. I had never experienced true love until then. And life didn't feel worth it at all." There was a pang of sorrow in her words. After eighty years, the feelings weren't gone. "Everything was planned, faked, and there wasn't a reason to make me feel alive at all. I was trapped, screaming at the top of my lungs, and not a single person seemed to listen to me."

"Grandma... That's...–  I'm so sorry..."

"It's alright, honey." Rose squeezed her hand, giving back a smile to reassure her everything was fine as she wiped some tears streaming down her face. "Your grandpa listened to me, when no one did. He coloured my life when all I could see was black and white. Jack was the missing half of my heart. The only one who can light up my soul. It's crazy to think about it, after everything we have been through, but we were bound since we first set eyes on each other. In some way, I believe we've always been connected our entire lives.

Rose told her granddaughter everything. The ship, their challenges, their darkest times.

She revealed her secrets.

Because decades would become years.

Years would become days.

And the right time would stay in the past.

____

She stepped carefully towards the darkness of the room, someone holding her arm to make sure her fragile legs won't fail their job.

She sat on the armchair.

The screen light was on.

And her life was played on the same screen.

Around the world.

Same ship. Same story.

But now, worldwide.

She was numb, yet feeling everything.

Was she ready to watch a motion picture about her life? No one would ever know. Neither would she.

Everything was so real on the screen.

She could feel him with her.

His warmth.

His tenderness.

His breath.

Until she saw some sort of light.

And she saw him. Standing at the beach, in a fresh, enlightened morning. Grinning at the sight of her.

They were young and beautiful again.

She ran towards his arms, the warm water splashing as she ran, the lavender dress and her fiery hair floating in the air.

She finally reached him, his familiar touch shivering her skin as they held each other for dear life – and afterlife, too.

His breath brushed on her neck as they embraced each other. He was real, and so was she.

They could feel their hearts pounding as one.

He completed her in every way. Forever.

And they stayed forever this way.

Nothing in the world is more powerful than their love.

The love of Jack and Rose.

The end.

__________________

Okay. This is it? I guess... I can't believe I just finished this. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY!!!!! YOU'VE MADE IT SO FAR AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!!!! I REALLY REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS STORY, MY "WHAT IF" JACK SURVIVED. TBH I STARTED WRITING THIS AT 13, AND IM 16 NOW, SO YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE MY WRITING STYLE CHANGING, IM SORRY LOL!! I HOPE THIS FILLED YOUR EXPECTATIONS!!! I TRIED MY BEST, TRUST ME.
OKAY ENOUGH
THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN
YOU HAVE MY HEART
WE'LL STUMBLE BY SOME DAY AGAIN, WHO KNOWS!!!