~{ TWENTY TWO }~

Dedicated to my wonderful besties, Brenda and Phoebe.

And for my dear big sister, Katie.

I truly love you inconditionally. I don't think I would have been able to keep up my job on this story without the three of you.

__________________

Wasup baes! Guess who's back, huh? FINALLY!

Well, I have been through some really tough times to write the next chapters, because of the mere fact I was insecure about the plot of the story. Later on, I realised this is just for fun, and I didn't notice how serious I was taking this thingy, lol. Anyway, I won't be taking your time, so... Enjoy the twenty second chapter of Unsinkable Love!

__________________

~{ rose's pov}~

The sky was getting cloudy enough to make the streets dim as I strolled through the large avenues of California, admiring its green palms that contrasted with the gray sky, wobbling when the crisp wind blew. The last thing I needed was a storm to get on my way.

Somehow, the fresh breeze that hit my face could make my thoughts clearer, as if someone was blowing the clues in my mind. I kept walking at a slow pace, studying the modern buildings and the few people that surrounded me. Back in my mind, I wondered if Jack was thinking of me.

But my main topic was to find out what Claire's point was with that conversation out of blue. What if she knew that I was supposed to be dead? She could tell Ruth or, even worse, tell Caledon.

I sighed, exhausted from trying to connect the dots. How would I do that if I didn't even know all the dots?

Perhaps, Claire was jealous of me. Perhaps, she wanted Jack and I to fall apart and then, she could have him back. Claire had never been friendly with me. I had a clear memory from the first time we met, almost four years ago, a few weeks before she moved to Paris. The scornful way she stared at me could get me sick, so I started looking at her the same way she did with me. There's definitely a high chance of Ruth and Caledon finding out the truth.

A thunder echoed through the grayish sky, and I quivered at the thud. It suddenly brought me back to the world. The stores were closed, it was beyond five in the evening. Not a soul to be seen, except a fancy black car, stopped near a tiny supermarket. I kept my pace, enjoying the silence.

Still, after everything, I wanted to come back to Jack and cuddle with him. The whole situation made me feel as confused as ever. But I truly loved him, and I knew the feeling was mutual. However, he kept a secret from me and-

Cold. A cold, thick thing was pressed on my back and I could feel someone's presence behind me, making my feet glue on the sidewalk. I could hear their breath. And I knew there was a gun pressed against my back.

"Here you are, Miss Hockley." My skin shivered and I felt the adrenaline seeping through my bloodstream. I fucking knew the voice that echoed through the empty avenue. "Now, stay quiet and hope in the car so I won't shoot your soft back."

Disgust. I felt like throwing up on Lovejoy's face.

There was a gun ready to shoot me dead, and there was no way out. There was no Jack, no Lucio, no Beth, no one to hear or see me.

Lovejoy was capable of anything, he would hurt me if he wanted to. And I had no doubts when I heard the gun's trigger off. The noise sent shivers through my whole body, and I shut my eyes for a second, in an attempt to figure out what was the best thing to do.