New at work

A/N: I know I haven't uploaded a chapter on this book for a while, but here it is. I also know I usually upload new chapters on Saturday and Sunday (and now it's Monday), but I have a cold, and I'm bored... So here you have it.

Please enjoy 😉

It was a normal day in Ninjago City. Skylor was just preparing to open her restaurant, that now is called 'Skylor's Noodles', after the fiasco with her father.

It was a Monday morning, 8:30 AM. She did the usual things she did before opening. She cleaned the tables, prepared food, and made sure that everything worked as it should.

That was until...

"Skylor!" She heard someone yell her name. She turned around and saw Kai outside the doors to the restaurant.
He was knocking on the door with a goofy smile. She sighed and went to open the doors for him.

"Kai, what are you doing here?" She asked after she received a kiss from Kai.
"I was going to surprise you. I'm going to be your colleague for you today." He said proudly.
"What?!" Skylor yelled, shocked.
"Yeah, I was thinking that you might want some help today. You said to me yesterday on the phone that you were going to have a lack of employees today. So, SUPRISE. Here i am." He said.

Skylor just stood there, processing everything that he said. She was shocked, surprised, confused, worried, but a little relieved.

"Ehm... ok Kai." She said, still shocked.
"So, what is my first task?" He asked.
"Uhm... mabe you should change your clothes to employee uniform." She answered and pointed to the workers' room.
"OK, babe. See you in 3 minutes." He said and went off to change.

What can possibly go wrong?

When it was 9 AM, it was time to open the restaurant. And Kai being Kai, he wanted to do it.
So Skylor gave him the keys, and he went to the doors.
It was already customers waiting outside. Kai tried to find the right key, but there were too many keys.
He tried key after key, but he couldn't find the right one.
Customers started to get impatient and annoyed. Kai started to panic.
Skylor noticed this and went to help him. She showed him the right key, and he thanked her and opened the doors for the customers.

Here we go. Let the show begin

Skylor was just handing some breakfast for some customers at a table when she saw Kai arguing with some customers. She finished with her own customers and went up to Kai and the angry looking customer.

"Exuse me, but what seems to be the problem here?" She asked politely.
"Well, this worker here won't help me with my order." The female customer said annoyed.
"Well, I said to you that I can't make you a special coffee for you." Kai argued.
"I always get my special coffee here, without any problems." She argued back.
"I'm so sorry for my new employee for the problems Mrs Cooper, I will give you your coffee." Skylor apologized. She took Kai's hand and dragged him to the kitchen.

"What are you doing?!" Skylor whispered-yelled.
"What? I didn't know you could order special needs drinks." Kai said.
"Well, now you know. Please don't argue with the customers. If you have a problem or are wondering about something, ask me for help." She said, more calm.
"OK, but I can do it myself. I am a Ninja, and I can do anything." He said, confident.
"Yeah, I know that. But this is a restaurant business, not a Ninja business. You are not used to this kind of pressure like I am." Skylor said, trying not to upset him.

"Ugh, fine. You're right. I'm sorry. I'm going to try not to mess this up. For you, because you're my girl." He said, and they shared a loving kiss.
"Thank you for understanding." She said and kissed him on the cheek.
They went back to work. Skylor told Kai to give Mrs Cooper her coffee. Kai was hesitant but went for it anyway.

"Here you go, Mrs Cooper, and I'm so sorry for my behavior earlier." He apologized to her.
"It's fine, young man. I understand your pressure. Here you have a little tip from me. Consider it a little motivation." Mrs Cooper said and gave him a 5$ tip.
"Oh, I can't take this. It's too much." Kai said, trying to give it back.
"No, I insist. Besides, I'm the one that supports this restaurant. I donate money to this amazing place." She said to him, a warm smile on her face.
"Wow, thank you so so much for this. It's an honor to meet you." Kai said and bowed a little.

They said their goodbyes, and Kai went to talk to Skylor.

"So, how did it go?" Skylor asked.
"Well, I now know who she is. She gave me a 5$ tip. And I'm sorry for everything. I'm a terrible boyfriend." He said, looking down with a sad expression on his face.
"Hey, no. You are not a terrible boyfriend. You may not be a good waiter. But you are my boyfriend, and I love you. So don't feel bad about yourself. You are going to get better the more you practice." She said, bringing his chin up with her hand so that he could look at her.

They looked at each other and smiled. He cuped her cheeks with his hands and leaned in. She also closed her eyes and leaned in. They closed the gap between their lips and sheared a passionate kiss.

They broke the kiss and went back to work. The day went by, and it turned out to be great. At 8 p.m., it was time to close the restaurant for the day.
When the last customer was out, Kai locked the doors, and him and Skylor went out the back door.

"Soo, your first day. How was it?" She asked
"Well. It was a hard task, but I managed with a little help from my amazing girlfriend." He said, holding her by the waist. She giggled a little at his actions.
"Well, I think the same thing. But I think you are better as a Ninja." She said, and they shared a laugh.

"What to du now?" Kai asked
"I don't know, I'm free now. Wanna spend the night at my place?" She asked
"I would love to. I love you, Skylor." He said
"I love you too." She said.
They kissed and went to Skylor's place, holding hands.

A/N: So yeah... nothing else to say. Hope you have a great week, and see you in the next chapter/book.

Hope you liked this chapter 😊

Bye for now 👋

Peace ✌️

~Niki 💖

Words: 1143