Chapter 2: Kards and Noodles

Kirby belongs to © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.

Skullgirls belongs to TM & © 2023 AUTUMN GAMES LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Game trademarks and copyrights are properties of their respective owners.

Note: I'm pretty new to Skullgirl and will get things wrong in lore and character-wise please forgive me

Update: Extended and added details in areas like the beginning and the Cirque des Cartes section, Also change the dialogue in the introduction to Ms. Fortune

Update 2: Added small dialogue that implies Umbrella gives exposition to Kirby about how this world works...

Update 3: Added and change things in the Cirque des Cartes section in order to somewhat follow the canon to the best of my abilities... 

I'm trying my best to make it as close to canon as possible... But I'm still kind of a newbie...

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Potential Future Updates/Rewrites (Basically I'm planning to rewrite/update this chapter but not immediately, Just planning to do it sometime in the future):

Future Update/Rewrite 1: Changing the Ms.Fortune interaction

Future Update/Rewrite 2: Extend the Cirque des Cartes section where Kirby and Umbrella talk to each other and bond. (Feat topics like Merry Magoland)

As I said I'm planning to update/rewrite this Chapter in the future meaning the chapter you are reading currently will be outdated in the future...

Kirby was watching the news on TV after they carefully floated down to make sure not to hurt the three of them that are on currently on the warp star. They are presently in Little Innsmouth. Kirby was busy chowing down on some noodles they are currently in a restaurant belonging to Yu-wan who is a fish person Kirby thought. Umbrella has her yellow raincoat hood up. Currently, no one seemed to recognize the princess with her hood up. No one seemed to bother by the pink puff either. Kirby is currently watching the news broadcast.

"So this Skullheart, It can grant wishes but in return, it turns you into a Skullgirl?" "Basically yeah..." Umbrella said to Kirby as she eats her extra salty noodles, Kirby thought 'So it's a combination of Nova and the master crown, The ability to grant wishes and corrupt anyone who uses it' "But why females especially?" Kirby questions "Don't know..." Umbrella said truthfully. Kirby remembered the news report a while ago, 'Seems this Skullgirl is after revenge against the Medici Family, Pretty simple...' As Hungern seems to also enjoy its extra salty noodles "And Hungern is a Living Weapon which means self-aware weapon forged by master weaponsmiths" Kirby added "That's what living weapons are..." Umbrella added "I mean... What do I expect... It's in their name..." Kirby said "Then there are parasites which are creatures that bond to somebody, providing powers and abilities, and there are different types" Kirby noted, "I think, I got the gist of it," Kirby said as they continue to eat their noodles.

"So this Skullgirl is after a mafia family called the Medici, Never dealt adventures involving a mafia crime family but... first time for everything," They said, "Hey umbrella, What do you know about the Medici Family?"

"Only from what I heard from others, My sister is more involved in this anyways," Umbrella said

"Not exactly what I need to track down this Skullgirl" Kirby complained as they finished their 8th bowl

"UUUuuughhh, I'm bored.... when do we get to fight bad guys and stuff" Umbrella complained as their best friend Hungern agreed with a grunt

"I'm sorry princess... I'm not from around here so I'm trying my best to track down this Skullgirl." Kirby said