Chapter 4

When Taya got to the living room she saw a person wearing the creepiest children's mask had her mom in a chokehold. She didn't hesitate to jump onto his back and start smacking him on the shoulder, which wasn't working. He wouldn't let go of her, Luther rammed into the guy which caused him to let go and Taya fell off of him and she quickly hugged Allison tightly, Allison checked Taya's face for any wounds. So far, she was unscathed.

"Who the hell are these guys?", the teen asked in a panic as she looked at the adults.

Luther and Diego started arguing, not answering Taya's question. It wasn't like they knew the answer to the question anyway. More gunshots rang out and Taya ducked down, running off with Allison. Her heart was beating out of her chest, her breathing was hitched and tears threatened to fall down her face. She was terrified.

The woman in the dog mask chased Taya and Allison all around the house shooting at them whenever she got the chance. The two ran downstairs into the kitchen, a bullet grazed Taya's shoulder which caused her to yelp in pain. Allison and Taya hid behind the pool table, Allison grabbed one of the pool sticks and hit the intruder in the back of her legs, causing her to fall down. The intruder got up and began to fight Allison using both of the pool table sticks, hitting Allison in the face, busting her lip.

Taya swallowed her terror and slowly crept out of her hiding place and attempted to attack the unfamiliar women, who quickly heard her and hit her with the stick, hard. Taya felt blood drip from her nose and a stinging pain on the side of her face as she fell backwards.

"Are you going to rumor this psycho or what?", Diego asked as he walked through the door, knives in hand.

"I don't need to, because this bitch just pissed me off", Allison said after she saw what had happened to her kid. Taya laid on the floor as she watched, the pain in her arm was a lot more extreme by this point.

"We just want the boy", the woman snapped as Allison looked at her.

"Oh, well, in that case..." Allison began to fight the intruder who kicked her into a table, Diego whistled which caught the intruders attention and the two of them began to fight.

Allison got up and began to help, handing Diego some kind of knife, he took it from her hands and threw it at the intruder who was running away. Allison quickly rushed over to Taya and helped her up, hugging her.

"You're okay, sweetheart, you're okay", she soothed as Taya hugged her back before the two of them quickly followed Diego up the stairs, Taya doing her best to ignore the pain where the bullet had grazed her.

Once they got upstairs Allison was quick to help Luther up off of the ground as Taya held her arm, looking around her. The living room had been absolutely destroyed. The chandelier above the group suddenly began to fall.

"Get out of the way!", Luther shouted as he shoved his brother, sister and niece out of harm's way, letting the chandelier only hit him instead. Taya flinched at the sound of the chandelier hitting her uncle, squeezing her eyes shut. Luther slowly got up, groaning and a wave of relief flooded Taya as she stood next to her mom.

The shirt Luther wore ripped off, sticking to the chandelier, revealing Luther's hairy body. A look of surprise filled Taya's eyes, still holding her bleeding arm. It looked like her uncle was some kind of Gorilla-human hybrid of some sorts. Luther noticed everyone was staring and he realized what had happened and he ran up the stairs and went into his room.

Allison walked over to Viktor as Taya walked into the family room and sat down, removing her hand from her arm. Her hand was covered in blood, she winced at the pain in her arm while Viktor and Allison joined her.

"Who were those people?", Viktor asked as Allison handed both him and Taya a rag, Taya also receiving a few bandages. She slowly pressed the wet rag on her open wound, flinching at the pain a bit as she continued to clean it before Allison wrapped her arm in a bandage.

"I don't know, but we are lucky to be alive", Allison answered as Taya rested her head on her shoulder, the kid was exhausted, but her heart was still hammering from the events she had just experienced. The spot on her face where the intruder had hit her was already beginning to bruise. Taya's nose had luckily stopped bleeding a while ago.

"You sure you're okay?", Allison asked, the question was directed at both Taya and Viktor. Taya just nodded, not really in the talking mood. Viktor nodded in response as Diego paced up and down behind them, breathing shakily.

"Uncle Diego?", Taya questioned, turning to look at him and Diego turned to Viktor.

"What are you still doing here?", he snapped at his brother.

"I'm just trying to help", Viktor replied.

"No, you could've been killed", Diego yelled which made Taya tense up a little, "Or gotten any of us killed. He is a liability."

"Allison?", Viktor asked, looking at his sister, Allison sighed a little and looked at him.

"I think what he's trying to say is that this stuff is dangerous", Allison started, "You're just–"

"Not like you", Viktor said, finishing Allison's sentence before he got up and began to walk away and Allison got up to follow him, waking Taya up as she did.

"Let him go", Diego said, "It's for the best."

Taya barely slept that night, she couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard she tried. And if she did she would just wake up two seconds later anyways.

She eventually decided to take a Tylenol to help with the pain in her arm, and she ended up just falling asleep because of that.