Chapter 8

"I'm doing quite fine. Nice to see you here, Y/n." He smiled as he walked closer towards him and whispered.

"Come and collect your gift in my office later."

..............................

Haitham was surprised as he reached out a hand towards Y/n, but stopped midway and retreated. 'I want to kiss you so bad.' Haitham thought to himself. "Of course, as things stand, there is no reason for me to remain in Port Ormos." He answered with a blank face and turned to look at the traveller and Paimon. "And I believe our collaboration has also reached its end." Paimon then remembered something. "Oh yeah, we were so busy with the Divine Knowledge Capsule that Paimon forgot to ask something! Since the both of you are members of the Akademiya, do you guys have any idea how we can go about meeting Lesser Lord Kusanali?" Y/n thought to himself for a while. 'That reminds me... I haven't seen her before...' "Truthfully, I don't. Lesser Lord Kusanali appears to exist outside of Sumeru's entire administration. Most of the time, you wouldn't know she exists at all." Haitham explained. "I could say the same. Moreover, since the Akademiya possesses the Akasha, a symbol of our deity's wisdom, scholars have no reason to desire to make contact with the deity herself anyway." Y/n continued as Haitham nodded in agreement. Paimon gave up as she sighed. "Everything about Lesser Lord Kusanali is such a mystery..." Y/n patted her as he smiled. "Don't worry, Paimon. I'm sure one day you two will meet her, though I've never seen her myself. If you meet her, please pass her my regards." Paimon nodded and smiled. "Ehe. You're so kind, Y/n! Of course, we will do that." None of them noticed the intense jealousy from a certain grey haired who just glared daggers at Paimon. "So, what are you guys going to do after this?" She asked. "I'm heading back to the Akademiya." Y/n nodded. "Same here. How about you two?" Paimon then remembered something. "Aah, it's almost the day of the Sabzeruz Festival! Maybe we should head back, too. We've been rushed off our feet over the past few days, so maybe a little rest and relaxation will do us good." The traveller looked at her and nodded. "You have a point." Paimon looked at Y/n and Haitham. "Then we'll part ways here, Y/n, Alhaitham. Until we meet again!" Y/n waved towards their direction as they returned it and soon gone from their sights. Haitham then looked at Y/n with an unamused face. "I don't like that." Y/n was confused. "Uh.. what did I do?.." Haitham didn't answer as he grabbed Y/n's wrist and dragged him towards the Akademiya. He winced in pain from the strength of his grip. "H-haitham... You're hurting me.." He didn't listen as he continued dragging him towards his office. Fortunately, no one saw them as Haitham brought him inside and closed the door before pinning him to the wall. "I don't like how you jump in a random fight and almost got hit in the face." Haitham looked at him as his grip on Y/n's wrist tightened. He winced in pain and looked at Haitham. "Haitham, I've been doing this for a long time now... It doesn't matter if I got hurt or not. As long as other people are safe, then I'm fine." He gave him a serious look. "I'm not playing around. What if you got injured badly? Why care for other people while staking your life at risk?" Y/n tried to free himself, but Haitham's grip only tightened as his hands were shaking. "Wh.. what is wrong with you? You should've known what it's like being a commissioner of a noble clan, what it's like to lose both parents at a young age whilst the other clans pointing fingers at you just because you look weak and unable to stand up for yourself. Everyday, I have to draw my sword to protect lives. My brother and my sister... they need me. I try to push my limits whenever there are chances, so that I'm more than capable to protect them and the innocent people." Y/n's voice cracked as tears fell from his cheek. "Of course... You don't understand me, but don't worry.. you don't have to..." Haitham felt his heart dropped when he saw Y/n crying in front of him as he let go of him. "Y/n, I-" He reached out his hand to wipe the tears, but was gently pushed by Y/n. "I'm sorry, Haitham.." He then went to the door, not before handing over the Divine Knowledge Capsule and left Haitham alone in the office. He punched the wall hard.

"I'm...sorry.."

.

Luckily, there were less people in the House of Daena as Y/n sat on one of the chairs while sniffing. He looked at his bruised wrists. "That's it... He hates me now.." He said as he rested his head on the table and closed his eyes.

"Well well, getting tired of work now, are we?"

Y/n opened his eyes as he sat up. He turned to his side as he saw Dottore was standing beside him, smiling. "Ah, Dottore.. well, kind of.." He smiled wider. "Mind if I join you?" Y/n paused for a while before shaking his head and gestured the vacant seat beside him. He then sat down and crossed his legs. "Were you crying, dear Y/n? Is the job too much for you?" Y/n looked away. "N-no, I didn't. I just fought with a friend. At least, that's what I thought..." Dottore hummed as he eyed his wrists. "Oh well, I'm not an expert on this topic, but I can only wish you good luck." Y/n chuckled. "It's fine, thank you though." He shook his head. "No, it's not worth your gratitude. Anyways, I want to ask you if you're ready for the extraction process?" Y/n thought to himself for a while and looked at him. "Sure, since the my other works are finished, we can start anytime." Dottore nodded. "Certainly, good. I have another question for you." Y/n tilted his head. "Are these so called friends supposed to trust each other?" He was taken aback by the question, but shrugged it off. "Of course, friendship is made from their trust and love towards each other. Friends are reliable and helpful because each of them is imperfect in their own way, so having someone who can accept those imperfections and flaws is a blessing." Dottore slowly nodded. "Then, do you trust me?" Y/n chuckled as he nodded. "Of course, I do." He looked at Y/n. "Even though I'm from the Fatui?" He nodded. "I don't care if you're a Fatui or not, as long as I find it's harmless then it's fine. When people became friends, they are nothing more than equals because they didn't care about each others' position and power when they became friends." Dottore hummed. "Then, does that makes us friends?" Y/n laughed softly.

"Certainly."

.............................

End of Chapter 8