Part 2/2

Grace & Rae

Part 2/2

Grace was a smart girl and although she never admitted it to Rae, she knew the Alpha's weren't the only ones hunting them.

The power between an Alpha and the remaining witch is stronger than any magical being. It would be impossible to overturn such power. Vampires, Lycans, other shifters and Trolls would be weakened comparatively. Wolf Shifters would rule the kingdom.

Grandmother taught the girls that wolves were loyal, fair and honest. Yet despite those wonderful qualities, they were possessive, powerful and demanding.

Women didn't shift into wolves, despite carrying the wolf gene. Stories told Grace that it caused the men of their species to be overbearing and controlling over their mates. She knew deep down though that those qualities are what intrigued her about Christopher most of all.

She wanted nothing more to worship him on her knees because she knew he'd sacrifice himself for her. The fear of giving up her independence is what had Rae and Grace running for their life. They were petrified of what power they could create and how that very same power could destroy not only them but other innocent beings.

Grace finally stopped running and stumbled to the ground, knowing she couldn't rest long. The spell she cast on him wouldn't last long; she knew this Alpha had enough strength to break through.

Frantic, she began to gather what she needed to find Rae. Her knees were torn up, and her feet hurt but she was able to create a fire with her hands. The sticks and leaf pile burned up as she whispered the chant to find Rae.

Time was running out as Christopher's wolf tore down trees to get to her. The noises coming from his angry mouth shouldn't make the pulse between her legs match the pace of her heart, but it did. Sadly, she knew eventually he'd mark and claim her. Disappointing herself even more, she knew in truth, she wanted him too.

The forest began to spin, the chant slowly taking her from this land to where Rae ran. Just as Grace's eyes met the wolves, she felt herself disappear into a place even she didn't understand.

No longer was she running from Christopher, she suddenly appeared by Rae taking her hand as they ran even faster down the hidden path miles from Alpha Nathan. Rae wasn't surprised when Grace suddenly appeared, she knew her fellow witch would find her.

6 Months Later

Rae whimpered in her sleep like she did every night. Grace knew she used her power to visit Alpha Nathan in his dreams. Grace couldn't blame her, she wished she herself could give into the temptation. There was a deep darkness in her chest that hadn't gone away since she ran from her Alpha. She never felt such sorrow before and part of her feared something happened to her Alpha Christopher.

Grace and Rae had done nothing but run for the past six months. They exhausted themselves every few days by using their magic to disappear elsewhere or when they felt too weak, they took their chances by taking a bus or train.

They weren't able to run for much longer, closer and closer the men were making their way to them, just as before. They would always find them. It was impossible to fight the Goddess's prophecy.

Grace woke Rae up, wiping her tears from her cheeks as the empty bus came to stop. The bus station said the name of some town out west, but it didn't really matter if they knew where they were or not. It's not like they could stay there long.

Something felt wrong as they walked off the bus. It was early morning; the sun was still orange and far in the distance. Despite the warm air a chill went through the girls. It was dark, no direct sun yet.