Part 1/2

This is a mild dark romance with some sensitive topics of depression and suicide lightly discussed. You are warned.

MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY

Grace & Rae
Part 1/2

The rain dripped onto their bodies. They looked quite innocent then, in a very seductive way. It was a curse on its very own, with their sultry eyes, desirable bodies that tempted even the purest of souls. They looked like human women, but of course they weren't. They were the only remaining witches with a bounty on their pretty little heads.

Nineteen year old Rae wanted to cry. She was the shyer one of the two. Her long brown hair clung to her naturally olive skin. Having to run from their home deep within the woods, she was dressed in only a thin white top that exposed her flat but soft stomach. She only wore a thin set of black underwear for bottoms. Her feet were cold, and her long lean legs were covered in goosebumps. Her large breasts bounced, and bare thighs chaffed painfully as she struggled not to fall.

" Grace!" Rae trembled, reaching out for her cousin. The fear in Rae's voice caused Grace to cry out.

Grace was a few months older than Rae, and she took on a more motherly role.. Grace's personality matched her name. She did everything with grace. While Rae could never control her emotions, Grace seemed to always be able to remain calm, quiet and careful. She never raised her voice, and has always hidden her emotions.

Right now though, Grace was petrified.

She wore only an oversized gray mens tee and a pair of white tube socks that were soaked with water and dirt. Grace was thin, probably too thin. She had a cute button nose, and thick lips that drew attention when she talked.

The rain was getting harder, and the wind began to pick up. Grace's bony legs shook, she wasn't warm. She was cold and afraid- no petrified.

Attempting to pull Rae up, Grace fell to the ground as they climbed up a huge boulder. She cried out, holding onto her thin stomach as blood soaked her tee. The sharp rock had torn through the thin fabric and slit her skin deeply.

"I don't have enough energy to heal you." Rae cried out. " I-I"

"It's okay... just keep moving. They're coming.." Grace's voice trailed off as she fought through the pain while they both entered into a clearing. Ahead of them the field had a lingering fog that touched the tall weeds. Despite the freedom away from the trees in the forest, it only made them feel more trapped.

***

Several Months Ago

The girls were sitting alone in the old cafe. A hot tea in Grace's hand as she hated coffee, while the more complex Rae sat with an extra large mocha espresso.

" Have you found anything?" Grace asked, putting down her mug so she could tie her short hair back in the small ponytail at the back of her neck. Grace was one of those girls that could be bald and still have a striking face. She became pale during the winter months, but a summer day like this her skin darkened to a beautiful shade of brown.

Her shoulder length, straight hair was a new look for this year, as she usually had a long mane down to her bum.

" I think so..." Rae finally replied back, her voice trembling.

" Rae..are you okay?"

Grabbing the old book out of Rae's hand, Grace scanned her pretty blue eyes over the old ancient language.