Chapter 15

A few days had passed since then, and currently, Cordelia was in the midst of exploring the capital, and she happened to stop by the brothel for a mere moment.

Her handmaiden, Lilibeth, was holding a bag full of coins. It was Cordelia's supposed payment to the gigolo that she has yet to give.

"Apologies, my lady. But your gigolo is not available at the current moment..."

"Ah... Is that so?" Cordelia was in the middle of speaking with the brothel owner at the moment.

But somehow, the owner seemed to be uneasy and sweating from nervousness as she wore a tight smile before Cordelia's presence.

"Yes, my lady." The owner smiled. "Your regular gigolo is not free for the time being."

"I see." Cordelia murmured to herself. "It has already been the second day that he's not available..." She pursed her lips, her eyes dazing into a blur.

'I was going to ask him for more advice... But he's always occupied.' She shook her head.

'My...  Then to whom shall I seek for advice for the mean time?'

"Yes milady, our apologies. Your is very very busy at the time being, you see... But I'll do make sure to let him know that you came by."

Cordelia's eyes subtly became sparkly again. "You'll do, will you?"

"Of course, madame!" The lady grinned. "You are one of our valuable customers in this house. We shall do anything we best could for you."

"Then please do say that I—" Cordelia halted before she could even finish her words.

'That I would like to speak to him again for more counseling...' Was what she wanted to say. However, she quickly realized that those words would reach Leon's ears as soon as she says that. Cordelia certainly did not want that.

'I can't let him know that I'm seeing a gigolo and going through counseling just to pursue him...' She rambled in her thoughts. Her high pride would not even allow her to think of that without cringing.

'If he were to find out that I'm going through all this trouble just to get him to like me, I am quite sure that he'll first think I'm a desperate fool...'

"Madame..?" The voice pf the brothel owner pulled Cordelia back to her reality.

"Ah... yes, yes, please do tell him I came by." Cordelia put on a smile, forcing her smile so naturally yet beautifully.

"I will madame." Grinned the brothel owner.

"And do tell him that I am looking forward to our next meeting."

"Rest assured, I'll surely let him know madame Elvoye." The brothel owner enthusiastically waved her hand all around, bidding Cordelia goodbye with a big smile on her face as she went back to her carriage.

As soon as Cordelia had reached the door of the carriage, she too, turned around and waved goodbye. Seeing the bright expression of the brothel owner's face, she sure did seem very happy.

She thought the owner was happy because of more frequent customers. But what she didn't know was that the brothel owner was only smiling because Cordelia was about to leave.

"Goodness." Whispered the brothel owner.

"What would have happened if she really were to find out the truth." Muttered the lady.

"If she were to know that the gigolo she's been seeing is her husband... then all hell would break lose." Quietly whispered the lady. 

"Don't worry, madame Elvoye! I'll bring your message to him." She grinned one last time.