𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. kill to avenge

CONFUSION echoed in her mind as she sat criss-cross in her bedroom, her mind basically doing the same as she looked around the gray and pink room. Her head laid in her hands as she played with her necklace that laid on her chest.

By now, she would've been running the streets with the pogues but, here she laid with a cold rag placed on her head. She didn't regret it but she felt as if she abandoned them. Even if it was for the best, she still left. She felt like her father, and mother. I guess, it ran through the family line.

Distant chatter made her eyes furrow as she walked down the stairs only to see her uncle staring at the wall. Her gaze softened at the sight of her Uncle on the couch and her younger cousin who sat on his knee comfortably.

"What's up?" June let an accidental lost voice, looking around the room from the stairs. It was like Lia's eyes lit up at the girl, her long brown hair pushing past her shoulder as she ran up the stairs, "June!"

She let out a giggle at the sweet girl, "Hi!"

Lia smiled before letting it drop at her face, "Did you hear about my mom? Are you okay?" June furrowed her eyebrows, tilting her head as she fiddled with the girls hair, "What do you mean?"

June's heart dropped at her words, her knees that were once crouched went weak as she fell back onto the step, "Come here, Lee." She pulled the girl into the arms more for herself as she locked eyes with her father, fighting the welled up tears.

"I'm gonna go talk to your dad, okay? You can go in my room and play with whatever." Lia nodded sadly, walking past her.

June leaned against the wall, her head slowly leaning back more and more at every passing second. "One of you gonna tell me what happened?"

"Overdose." Her Uncle, Fez, said. "Aunt May doesn't do drugs, Fez. Why would she do that?" June protested, "Well, she obviously does do drugs, sweetheart." Her dad spoke sadly.

"There's no way. That's against everything mom wanted." June let out a chocked voice, tears welling in her ears. "Your mom is gone. Their in a better place together," As her uncle reached for her hand all she could do was scoff, walking to the other side of the room.

Lia danced in her room at the sound of her faint Taylor swift music from her phone, feeling like she was the star of the show. She didn't even understand what happened. Not one bit. And June was gonna make sure it didn't get out until she was older.

"I don't care about any of that shit right now, I wanna know what's gonna happen with Lia. Because a phone call would've worked, Fez." Her harsh voice made his heart lightly crack at what he was about to say.

"She's staying here. I can't take care of her. I already have her bags, but she thinks she's staying for a few days so don't say anything. It should come normal as she goes, okay? That's the plan." June was shattered at his words. Not at the fact she was staying, but the lies that laced his voice was like hell breaking loose.

"Your bull-shitting me right, dad? Your just gonna let him lie to a fucking 7 year old like that?" At the silence, June's arms flew up, her finger immediately going up to point at both men, "You both aren't shit."

Her stomps up the stairs were like a thousand verbal gun shots, her obvious anger was so unbearable. The slamming of her door echoed throughout the home.

Lia jumped lightly at the noise, looking at June with wide eyes, "Sorry, Lia. You like Taylor Swift?" She immediately switched the subject, wiping her tears as she moved to sit on her bed.

Lia tilted her head, smiling, "Who's that?" June laughed, pointing at the radio, "Your listening to her."

"Oh! Yeah, she's so cool!" Lia smiled, making June look to her feet with guilt. The little girl dancing infront of her reminded her of herself.