𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. regret and hate

JUNE SIGHED, walking into her home. Her home that never really felt like it. She stared at the gold necklace that laid in a glass safe that held all of her mother prized possessions in.

She smiled at the most powerful thing in there.

Years before her mother died she gave her specific instructions on what she wanted to happen when she did. She wished to be cremated and made into a necklace. A silver one with a small crystal, with her ashes strictly inside of it. It broke her heart at first to hear it but, she listened.

June didn't even realize the body that stood behind her, "Um, June," she jumped at her fathers voice. She didn't even have the power to say anything until she saw the many bags packed around him. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going." Was all he said. "Going? Going where?"

"I'm staying with your grandmother for a couple weeks. I'll be working from home." June shook her head, "What am i suppose to do?"

"Stay here. Don't, I don't give a damn. I just need to be away for a little." She felt like her heart was being twisted and laughed at, "Away from me? Or outerbanks?"

"You, June. This house. Everything." She hiccuped, her breathe hitching as she nodded, "Okay. Can you atleast do one thing for me?"

"What?"

"Open the safe." June looked behind her. He shook his head, "Your gonna lose it. Her." June was in disbelief at her father's words. "She'll be more their for me than you have been since she died. Just open the safe."

His heart was breaking at her words but he knew it was for the best. "The password is your birthday. I'll see you, kid." Then he walked out. No hug. No i love you. Not even a, be safe.

She nodded, chuckling at how pathetic she was as she stared at the door that was now being shut in her face.

Though, not everyone was sad. But, nervous as John B made his way to the chateau in the mean time, chatting it up with a specific girl, oblivious to the trouble he could cause.

John B and Sarah were definitely something. Their constant chats, but June was also oblivious to the many kisses they have shared. They were being selfish. Love always comes with trouble no matter how good it feels— family is first.

And John B didn't know what that meant.

"What's up," JJ waved at the girl who had her car keys in her hand, making her way over to sit in between JJ and Pope, "Yo!"

Kiara watched as she walked to sit down, not even looking at her. She hated June so much. She hated the way her hips moved when she walked, he silky black hair, her eyes that sparkled in the sun— she hated her.

At the sight of the girl staring, June rolled her eyes leaning into her best friends arm, "Beer?" He asked, "Nope." She shook her head, pulling out a bag. "Praise June." JJ teased, making her laugh as she gave it to him.

Her heart stopped immediately when she looked up. John B and Sarah walking in. Hand in hand. The hand that Sarah used to braid her hair with, graze her skin— touch her waist. He was holding her hand.

Sarah almost stopped in her tracks, letting go of his hand at the sight of her. June didn't even say anything only taking a deep breathe and leaning into the two boys touch.

"No effing way!" Kiara immediately began. "You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" John B looked at his three friends for support, "I dunno."

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share." JJ pointed, looking at June for her opinion, June only shook her head, waving him off.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing! A Pogue thing." Kiara was sure to make everyone in the room uncomfortable, "I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this."