I

Emily stared at her window as it started rain heavily. It was really cute how she was feeling all sad and lonely when the sky turned grey and it began pouring heavily.

It has been a couple of days since he left but there was a part of her that was waiting. Waiting for him to come back.

She has been sitting on her bed all day, staring at the window as she waited for a sign. A sign that he was coming back to her.

She was waiting.

"Honey," her mom said as she opened the door. "Are you coming down for dinner?"

Emily didn't even notice her mom open the door or hear her. She was too busy focusing on her phone, waiting.

Waiting.

"Honey," her mom called out again. "Emily we're worried about you."

This time Emily heard her. She slowly turned her head to look at her mom. "I don't wanna eat," she said in a low voice.

Her mom couldn't take it anymore. She has been holding her patience but she couldn't bare to see her daughter act so coldly anymore. She burst inside the room and grabbed her daughter by the hand as she struggled to take her phone.

"Give me the phone Emily!" her mom insisted as they both struggled with one another.

"No!"

"Emily you're depressed. That boy broke up with you and he's gone. So stop acting like he's still coming back!" her mom was now shouting at her.

She stopped struggling but started to cry. Her mom froze as tears started flowing out of her eyes.

"I love him Mom. I really love him." She said in between sobs.

Her mom took her into her arms and embraced her as she kept on crying. "Emily this is life, it isn't enough when you only love him. He should also love you."

"But he does Mom,"

Her mom gently stroked her hair. "He did,"