2: Report

Date: 20/05/2023 (Saturday)
Time: 12:47 - 12:47 PM
Location: Hereford Air Base (Herefordshire, United Kingdom)
POV: Ian "???" ???

I shut my eyes and sighed before the roof door opened behind me. I turned back to see Caveira, with a pissed look in her eyes.

Caveira: "You. We need to have a talk."

"... ah fuck... come on."

She slowly stepped forward toward me, her staring daggers at me.

Caveira: "How did you hear me?"

"You... aren't quiet? I lied, you are, but I just happen to have good ears."

Caveira: "I call bullshit." She now lunged at me, and since I was sitting, I was just screwed. She got behind me and held her knife up to my neck. "Tell me who the fuck you got help from."

"W-What the fuck are you talking about?" 

I threw her off of me, her knife dropping onto the ground. I stood quickly and got into a defensive stance, her getting up and glaring at me. 

"You have some nerve."

Caveira: "I could say the same to you. I know you have gotten help from somewhere, nobody has heard me before."

"I promise, I didn't have any help." I relaxed after a second and grabbed her knife off of the ground, handing it back to her. "Here."

She huffed and took her knife, putting it away. 

Caveira: "Why should I trust that you didn't? So the rest of your team didn't get killed by me?"

"I couldn't give two shits about them, all they fucking do is bitch back and forth. Hell they teamkilled each other." 

I looked off toward the sky, trying to show that I was done with the conversation. She quickly took the hint and left, trading spots with Thatcher, who came to talk to me.

Thatcher: "You alright mate?"

"My team."

Thatcher: "... yeah I understand. You won't have to deal with them much anymore, however."

I looked at him, confused.

"What do you mean?"

Thatcher just smiled and pat my back. 

Thatcher: "You're getting a promotion. You will be an official operator. You'll have your own dorm by the end of the night."

Some (Six) Hours Later...

I had gotten into my new dorm and had everything settled. The walls were bare, I needed to get some paint and posters to cover up the white. I had a bed, couch, television, and my own kitchen and bathroom. I think that's the most exciting part, the fact that I don't have to worry about a drunken roommate walking in on me while I'm halfway though a shower. You thought I was going to say something about being on the can, didn't you?

I had brought a laptop and an Xbox here and I had them both set up quickly, I honestly just wanted to turn on some YouTube and relax for the rest of the night. The plan was going well until there was a knock on the door. I groaned and rose from my couch, slowly waddling to my door. I opened it to see Mira standing there, pen and paper in hand.

Mira: "Hello Ian, I'm here to start working on your official operator profile."

"..." I groaned and opened the door fully and she stepped in, me closing it after. We both sat down on my couch, her clicking her pen a few times.

Mira: "Alright, so basically I'm going to be asking you questions and you just answer, alright? We'll handle the basic questions now, and I'll force Mike to do the rest."