7

Brittany's P.O.V.

A smile painted my face when I saw Thompson come into view. What took her so long? It's almost 02:30 now and practice is almost starting.       

As soon as she joined the team, Rachel snaked her hand on her waist and she seems to like it.

Are they a couple?

My smile was replaced by a frown thinking about that. 

They stayed in that position for a couple of minutes, they were probably joking with each other as Jo playfully slapped Rachel's arm.

It pisses me off seeing how close they are and Jo seems to be enjoying the closeness as she even did the same to Rachel's waist.

Flirt!

She might have an innocent face but she was a flirt. Flirting with somebody who was not even prettier than me! The nerve!

Wait, why am I affected? 

So what if they are together, why do I care?

Oh god, I don't like what this girl is making me feel.

They continued to talk then I saw Rachel pointing in my direction and Jo's eyes following it. What are they talking about? Are they talking about me? Rachel better not be talking bad about me!

Again, why do I care if it was bad? Since when do I care about what people think about me?

Well, it's not other people. It's Jo Thompson, you care about what she thinks of you.

But why?

I was on that thought when Jo looked in my direction again. I smiled. I know I shouldn't have, but I did. When she did not return it, I felt a little bit bad.

Again, with the feelings!

I watched her run and hit the ball multiple times, she was good. She knows what she was doing and she was really strong. I saw her stumble multiple times but she just got up and played again.

I watched her with awe. How come I didn't notice her before? She was really a head-turner. She was into sports but her physique was not that masculine. She was actually hot. Smart and hot. And the way she's making Curtis laugh, she's probably funny too.

Really, how did I not notice her?

"Can we go now?" Giselle was really bored. This is the third time she asked me if we can go home.

"Who are we watching here? Thompson?" I raised my eyebrow at what Mina said. 

"If you wanna go home, go! I'm not your Mother." I shouted at them.

"Are you not going?" It was Corinne's turn to piss me off.

I glared at the three of them and that made them run away from me. I know I scare them most of the time but they always come back, like I said, they need me to walk in front of them.

It was now their break, the girls are tired from playing, some of them lay on the grass and Jo was one of them. I couldn't see her face from up here as she covered her forehead with her hands.

I stood up from where I was seating and made my way to the center of the field where Jo was, I frowned when I saw Rachel lying beside her.

Not long when I reached the field and stood in front of Jo. She hadn't noticed me yet as her eyes were closed. I could hear the whispers from her teammates but I ignored them.

Rachel has to elbow her side for her to open her eyes. She looked at Rachel first before she noticed that I was standing in front of her. She frowned when she recognized it was me.

The sun glistened on her face, and the sweat on her forehead and her cheeks that was so red made her look like a model in the magazine. Her eyes locked with mine and all of a sudden, I was out of words.

How is she doing this to me?

"What do you want, Anderson?" I heard her say with a firm voice. Even her voice seemed to draw me in. Hearing her speak I seem to choke out of my own voice.

Before I know it, her face changed, and her features softened. I saw Rachel nudging her side and she slowly stood from lying on the grass. Her face is now leveled with mine.

I could smell her natural scent, I know it was not perfume. It was more of the smell of sweat combined with bath soap. Interestingly, I liked it. I never thought that the smell of sweat could be somewhat attractive to a girl.

"I mean... Are you staying? I would... I would like to have a word with you." Did I hear her correctly? Does she want to talk to me? I wonder about what.

I controlled myself not to say yes. I want her to chase me now, she might need something from me for her to ask me for a talk.

"You can catch me tomorrow, Thompson." And with that, I turned my back and made a dramatic exit.

I know all eyes were looking at me and that's what I want. All attention at me, the Queen.

I wouldn't be an Anderson if I won't have everybody's attention.

But that question lingered in my mind.

What does she want from me?

I left the field without looking back, whispering fading into my ears as I walk out. I succeeded.

It was clear since yesterday that she doesn't like me, mainly because of the bullying, and now she wants to talk to me. That girl puzzled me.

How on earth will I be able to sleep now thinking of what she wants to talk about?

If only you are not arrogant and bitch enough, you could have asked her what she wants right there and now. I pushed that thought to the back of my head.

I am Brittany Anderson, nobody talks to me unless I talk to them. And nobody gets anything from me without chasing me and without gaining anything in return.

If she thinks she could ask me about anything and I would just give it to her just like that, she's wrong.

Even if she was occupying my head for 48hrs now, I wouldn't just give in. Whatever she wants from me, she has to work hard for it and I have to gain something from it.

That thought excites me. Will she look for me tomorrow?

Maybe I should make it hard for her to see me tomorrow, maybe I should skip first period and let her wait till the last? Hmm...

My lips formed a smile thinking about that. 

I climbed into my car and drove off.

Tomorrow will be fun, Thompson.