CHAPTER NINE, not-so rookie of you

( NOT EDITED / PROOF-READ )

Juliette wasn't an open book.

Yes, she was a celebrity, who basically had her whole life written down on a wikipedia page. Yes, she was an outgoing person who overshared sometimes.

But she could be quite reserved at times. And now was one of them.

Charles and Juliette were sat in the car, on the way to the track for the Australian Grand Prix.

It felt as if someone had cranked the heat up all the way up. Juliette's throat was dry and her mind drenched in different scenarios and thoughts about how the race could go that day.

Charles had seen Juliette act in a similar manner before, but not to this extent.

Juliette's leg bobbed up and down repeatedly, as she gazed out of her window.

The Leclerc, placed a hand on her knee. "Relax."

Juliette's head snapped towards him. "I am relaxed."

Charles knew that when she was anxious, she was irritable as well.

"You haven't said a word since breakfast." Charles added, Juliette shrugged. "I'm just trying to get myself mentally prepared for this race."

"Juliette, you're starting in P4, your car is in great condition, and you're a great driver. There's nothing to mentally prepare about. Just go into the race and drive your ass off." Charles advised the brunette next to him.

Juliette always struggled to ask for help. She was just too stubborn to. And after Jules's death, it just made her struggle even more.

"Alright." Was all Juliette said. Charles frowned, he wasn't content with that response. But he let her be.

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

Juliette gripped around her steering wheel, as the employees moved her car into her set postion in front of the starting line.

She scanned over the cars in front of her. Valtteri Bottas was in P1, Lewis was P2, and Sebastian was P3.

This was going to be a tough race. Everyone in front of her were very experienced drivers, which did not help her confidence at all.

"Radio check."

"I hear you." Juliette spoke into the mic.

"Alright. As you know, we need you to try to overtake Vettel this race, and if not, then that's alright. Just defend your position."

"Copy that." Juliette nodded. As all the employees got off the track. A few moments passed.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

Lights out.

Juliette pressed onto the throttle, her engine revving, as her car accelerated in speed. Charles was quite close to her rear wing, but she managed to get away as she increased the speed.

Her eyes followed Vettel, who was in front of her.

She attempted to over take him on the second turn, but that resulted in him swerving over to the right, covering the space that she had to over take him.