Chapter 39 : A Name that represents Joy

May 14th, X524 (12 noon)
Mayor's Manor, IceFlask City

       Inside a wide room, a seventeen-year-old girl with short purple hair was sleeping on a double bed. She was in comatic state, but there was no signs of abnormality in breathing, heartbeat and circulation. Sitting on a chair beside the bed was a young man with red hair in a black attire. He was looking at her with sad eyes, repeatedly telling her to wake up. Standing near the opposite side of the bed were a girl with pink curly hair, a girl with blue wavy hair, and a young girl with long blue hair. A young man with black spiky hair was leaning against the wall. The room was awfully silent, as all of them prayed for the girl to wake up.

• • • • •

     Cobra didn't know her human name. Surely, he knew that he shouldn't call her Cubellios. A name that he thought it suited her rang in his mind... 'Kinana'.. a name that represented joy, and it was a name of a heroine, the story which was very popular among commoners many years ago. He didn't know how many years she had been under the spell. He just wished that a glimmer of joy could bring this pitiful girl back to reality.

       After a series of begging, after a long wiat, he sensed that there was a slight movement from her fingers. He smiled slightly, feeling relaxed after a long anxiety.

      The sensory mage rushed to the side of the bed and checked the girl's condition, "She did it. She wakes up," she smiled in delight.

      Seeing this, Cobra stood up and walked towards Gray, "Let's go."

"Don't you want to talk to her?"

"No. It's fine. Let's go. I'll leave the rest to your friend," He said, as he continued walking without taking a glance back at his friend. Gray and Juvia followed the dragon slayer to bring him back to the detention center.

'Don't you want to talk to her?' Of course, he wanted to say 'I'm Cobra. Do you remember me?' but he didn't have any chance. Minutes ago, the pinkette explained to him that the probability of Cubellios's memory loss might be very high since her mind was trapped in the blood curse for many years. Wasn't it better if she forgot about Oracion Seis? Having a criminal friend was different from having a kind friend, wasn't it?

      From what the pinkette said, the blood curse couldn't be sealed with other magic spells. Fairy Tail was so kind, not only they healed Angel, but also they treated other members' injuries. Undoubtedly, they would take good care of Cubellios and guard her closely so that the blood curse won't be recurring. As long as Cubellios was safe... as long as she wasn't sent to prison, it was enough.

     Even though he walked away, her normal heartbeats, the sound of her breathing, and her scent still reached him until he walked out of the manor. In his mind, the image of a girl lying still on the bed appeared in his mind, 'I hope you're okay.'

• • • • •

      The moment she opened her eyes, she found herself in the attention of unfamiliar figures. They were looking at her. 'Where am I?' The last thing she knew was that she was saved by a black-cloaked man when her cruel mistress was about to kill her... and that man knocked her out. When she opened her eyes, she had been brought into that strange place.

      Both of them were wearing expensive dresses, 'Who are they? Did they save me?' She was panicking, and thus, quickly got up from lying, only to be supported by a pink-haired young lady. A blue-haired girl who seemed a couple of years older than her waved at her with a bright smile.

"Hey, are you okay?" The pink-haired lady asked.

     She nodded vigorously, as tears started forming in her emerald green eyes, "I.." it was difficult for her to speak. Her voice wasn't out from her throat. Seeing this, Meredy gave her a bottle of water. After drinking it, she felt her thirst was subsided, and she felt better. "I... I'm..so.rry.. for trouble.." She spoke very slowly and softly, not knowing that her voice had changed, "Where... am I?"