6 | mad-cat and stupid-racoon!

4100 words

Thu, 7, dec, 2023

Chapter 6

The silence of the school building was a witness that, the kids are either concentrating or probably sleeping.

As the red locks girl get board of the stupid physics class and stare at the boy sitting beside her. And the boy in question was unexpectedly looking focused in the class more then ever.

Julia sigh inaudibly and hit her elbow with Darren's to get his attention. His head turns toward her.

"Boring" she mouthed whispering. He 'tks' and turn back to Mr. Lewis.

Julia sighs audibly and uncapped a pen to write something down.
She again elbowed him. He turn again with a frown painted on his elegant face.

"What?" he whispered yell.
She pointed her slim long index finger to the note. His grey eyes traveled there.

'the class is boring, let's play tic tac toe.'

it was written in the paper which he identified as Julia's handwriting. He looked up at her with a look in his eyes says you're-unbelivable
He penned something down and strech it toward Julia so she can have a better look.

'Nope! It's interesting, so stup up and let me concentrate'

She looked at him but yet again he was looking at the center of attraction.

'i haven't met a guy this boring.'

Julia written.

'May I know how many guys you met?'

He asked as casually as he can.
And looking at that unknowingly makes her lips twitch.

'Why are you interested? Jealous?'

She teased him.

'Nope just to know how many boys can handle a grumpy-mad-cat like you.'

He use the nick name which was given to her not too long ago and as far as Darren knows, this name boils her blood. And that's exactly what our boy wants.

'That was rude Darren. You keep on calling me a mad cat, then I'll call you a stupid-racoon.'

See works everytime! Darren make a weird face at the cringe name.

'Eww thats not even cute.'

'Even mad cat is not cute.'

Julia makes weird faces while writing and now Darren is fully concentrated in there little chat and let out a melodious chuckle.

'But atleast it's suits you.'

'No it doesn't!'

'Yes it does, sweetheart!'

She didn't write anything cause the sweetheart endearment was stuck in her mind, even though he has been calling Vanesa the same thing too.

after sometimes she again strech the note. And this time when Darren had look at it, the margin of tic-tac-toe was drawn in the paper and cross was marked at the left bottom corner.

He makes a fake expression of unbelievable look but internally he was enjoying it now.

Darren tries to focus on the lesson that was teaching, but failed badly. But still he managed to win the game as he knows a lots tricks.

"That's unfair!" Julia cried out a little too loudly as it get the eyes of everyone.

"Hushhh...!" Darren hushed her but he was already behind the time.