50k Milestone

Readers: This...is 50k reads.
Me: Dear God...
Readers: There's more.
Me: No...

On a more serious note, A Bulldog's Legacy has reached the immense milestone (to me) of 50 thousand reads.

According to Wattpad that number is actually the total reads of each individual chapter added up.

Simple, right?

For me, it's...not so simple.

What began as:

-A side hobby
-A way to pass some extra time
-A place to get some ideas out
-A method to work off some depression-related thoughts I was having at the time (not quite true depression, but could have potentially become depression if left alone)

Has now become:

-A full-fledged story
-A source of immense accomplishment and satisfaction
-A source of entertainment from all your nice and funny comments
-A hopefully future prominent member of the Azur Lane fanfiction collection.

I've said this so many times before and I will continue to say it, but it's all thanks to you beautiful people that this story has come as far as it has.

If this story hadn't blown up so early I would have been probably much less likely to keep working on it. But since so many of you found it and loved it I was convinced that I should continue with it.

And now, ABL will likely continue to be found and read now that it has so many views under its belt.

And as for future plans for ABL? I have a couple.

1) Eventually I'll make a remastered version of ABL. Right now it feels pretty shallow, so hopefully the remake will be more fleshed-out.

2) I still have plans for making bonus chapters for ABL. These chapters will be more slice-of-life type short stories about what-if scenarios that occur during Oregon's time with Azur Lane.

Other than those ideas I think there will come a point where I must move on.

As much as I love working on this story there's only so much I can do before it starts becoming bloated. And I don't want that to happen.

I have plenty of other story ideas to keep me occupied, but whether they will be as successful as ABL has been is another story (pun intended).

And having a job takes up much of the energy and time I once had. At the end of an average workday I'm tired and exhausted and don't want to do much.

Now I have to seriously pace myself in almost everything, otherwise I'll burn myself out completely.

Remake Details

Right now the current plan for the ABL remake is to make it a separate book from the original. This way I won't alter the original story and have a consistent source to draw from while being able to add new ideas and content.

The remake will also correct any erroneous historical details I didn't notice while writing them. This way ABL will have proper links to real-life history while still being its own story.

As of this chapter being posted I have already begun the first couple of chapters of the remake, and if all goes well expect them in the near-future.

Alternate Storyline w/ ending

Seeing how linear (and perhaps predictable) ABL's story is, I'm thinking of making an alternate story and ending alongside the main canon story.

This alt path would have the Sirens wipe out the vast majority of the Azur Lane factions in a bunch of simultaneous Pearl Harbor-esque sneak attacks, leaving few survivors.

Oregon, seeing what the Sirens have done to his friends, decides to embrace his "dark side" and proceed to wreak utter desolation on the Sirens in revenge.

Afterward...who knows what happens with him...

Bonus Chapters

Now that I've established the fact that I'm planning a remake, the subject of bonus chapters arises.

I'm split between finishing the ones I already have and publishing them as part of the current ABL, or saving them for whenever the remake is finished.

Personally I'm leaning more toward the first choice, since if I wait for when I finish the remake, any bonus chapters will likely never make it.

But if I finish them and publish them while I have them readily available, perhaps I can remake them too when the time comes.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about that.

The Other Two

Regarding the other two stories I have published, "The Nuclear Option" and "Revenants", I think I'll let them sit for now.

I've regained interest in "A Bulldog's Legacy", so if and when I get tired of that but still want to write something the others will be there as a change of subject.

Draft Stories

I have quite a few drafts sitting around idle. Some I have worked on more than others. None, however, are anywhere near publishing right now.

Probably the one closest to publishing is the first chapter of a fanfic story based off DDLC. It's one of the few none-Azur Lane stories I have, so would you be interested in a change?

Other than that I don't have all that much to say for the 50k celebration, honestly. Nothing I haven't already said, anyway.

Once once once again I want to thank my readers for sticking with me for so long and enjoying my work so much. If all goes well I'll be able to work on the ABL remake, perhaps even a side story.

Till then, stay well everyone.

-USS_Oregon_BB-3

P.S.: For those of you who may still be interested in a Discord server, I am having issues with making one.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone with more experience could create a working server for me.

If you need my Discord it is as follows:

Cellbuilder2 #0832