5k Reads Special Thanks

Seeing how popular this book has already become has provided major encouragement for me to continue it. It's only been first published since like September and already it has over 5.5k reads!

I first started this book as a little side hobby, seeing as how the USS Oregon got so little recognition during its service life.

I got the idea after reading multiple other stories about both fictional and historical ships coming to Azur Lane. However, the main character would usually be an OP powerhouse and it would be obvious that they'd have it easy. I wanted to change it up a little.

Having an ancient pre-dreadnought battleship as the MC seemed interesting enough, and with the USS Oregon already having a brief but colorful history to draw on made it easier to develop his history.

I think I've been watching too many DDLC mod videos with the MC having depression (as good a concept that is), since I decided to make Oregon have depression from his ugly past. But it seems to be working out alright so far.

I even found a couple of theme songs for Oregon's depressional episodes. This first one would be the theme that would play in most situations.

And this second one would be used in winter or more serious cases.

Surprised to see Horrortale in an Azur Lane book? I did mention Undertale being one of my interests. Besides, the music of Horrortale, notably these two tracks I chose, sounded appropriately depressing/sad for Oregon. Just ignore the thumbnail on the second one, alright? It's the music that actually matters.

I figured that a depressed pre-dreadnought battleship would make for an interesting main character, so I'm trying to build a cohesive story to go along with this kind of setting.

I'm trying to build up into actual action but apparently with an MC this mentally and emotionally destroyed that may take some time. I apologize if this story seems like it will just drag on with nothing interesting happening.

Thank you so much for your support for this book! All your comments and reads have assured me that this story is promising.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and hopefully I'll see you in the next chapter!

Sincerely,
USS_Oregon_BB3

As a little bonus enjoy this TF2 meme:

It's true tho, ain't it?