Chapter 23

"Hehe. It's a knife. It really is a knife."

A cold sweat ran down Viola's back.

'If he really is Vixen that I know...' He would say something like, 'All right, let's have a sword fight together! I'm excited!' and this character would take out the dagger and swung it in a heartbeat.

'Huh?'

But he didn't.

'He is still standing still.' Vixen didn't seem to care about the thought of wielding a knife in the slightest. Viola wasn't sure if it was good or not, but he had been a little cautious today.

Then, Vixen, who was a little modest today, asked with a bright smile.

"What were you doing?"

"I was just looking in the mirror."

"Why? You got a princess disease?"

Perhaps the eight years old Vixen, when he stared at the mirror, seemed to think that he was a princess. Viola frowned at his words slightly.

"Why are you here?"

"I'm hurt." He then proceeded to point to his knee.

"I had one, too."

Surprisingly, she also had a wound on her knee as well though it wasn't big or anything.

"What? Does it hurt a lot?"

He used to say it didn't hurt even if he got stabbed, so what's wrong with him worrying about small stuff like this now? Vixen spoke confidently with a look as he became more serious.

"Apply some ointment, and for me as well."

"Why would I?"

"Hey, doesn't Viola apply ointment?"

"Apply it yourself."

"I've never put it on myself. I don't know how."

"Then, ask your butler."

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't want to!"

Vixen proudly extended the ointment.

"Here. Here."

Viola would lie if she said he wasn't scary at all, but he still had some cute sides. Right now, he just looked like an eight years old child asking for medicine. Well, he was still a little boy. However, nothing is free. If she ended up doing everything he asked for, he would be incredibly spoiled.

Viola asked. "What are you going to do for me, then?"

"Do I have to do something?"

"Of course."

"And if I don't want to?"

"Then, I won't put the ointment on for you."

Hearing so, Vixen pouted his lips.

'Hm, well, I'm just going to put that on my wound first.' And swiftly, Viola turned her back towards him moments later.

"What can I do for you?"

"Do me a favor later."

"Favor?" He scratched his head confusingly.

Vixen thought about it for a moment. If it was a favor, he thought it shouldn't be something too grand.

After seeing him being somewhat swayed by the thought, Viola didn't miss the timing and opened the ointment lid. She then scooped out some ointment with her fingers and teasingly moved her hand to the left and right. Vixen's eyes moved along with the movement as well. He had the eyes of a dog chasing a snack while wagging its tail gently.