5: Frank

The redhead looks at me, assuming I won't notice. Ha. Funny joke. He's obviously in love with me, and it's almost sad. Of course I feel the same way, not that I'll say anything on the subject; or any subject for that matter. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy this; I don't have much to look forward to these days, and Gerard is one of the few things in my life that I really, truly enjoy. And the crazy thing is, he feels the same way.

Finally turning my head, I catch him mid-glimpse, and his face immediately matches his locks. Biting my lip to force away my growing grin, I look back down at the rough, jagged sidewalk. I've done that so many times, I taste blood leaking into my mouth almost instantly after I chomp down. This fact makes me bite with even more force. My breathing is rapid and my heart feels a bit irregular at this point. Gerard's blush is deliberately fading, as I can see in my peripheral vision.

We reach the first intersection, and he finally looks up. His hazel eyes have been known to ask questions, and this time is no exception. I point to my left, and his eyes follow mine down the street. My street. Though my house is still a ways away, it feels as if my time with the guy is almost up. Ugh. Never in my life have I enjoyed someone's presence so much as his. There's just something about his demeanor that intrigues me, makes me want to be near him. Gerard makes me feel safe, good. I couldn't ask more from a person.

My lovely thoughts of the boy next to me are interrupted by a loud crash. It disorients me, and I cup my hands over my ears in discomfort. If you can't tell, I dislike loud noises. Actually, dislike is a rather . . . weak term. I'd prefer to use something more meaningful, such as . . . loathe, resent, despise, maybe even downright hate. Gerard wraps his strong arm around my shoulders, keeping me upright. I calm my breathing, inhaling the scent of him, which currently surrounds me. It does wonders to relax me, actually. I quite like it.

A drop of cold expands on my shoulder, and I look up towards the sky. Gerard traces my eyesight, observing the darkening skies above. I scope out some small veins of lightning erupting in the clouds. I gaze up at the taller boy, analyzing his concerned face. He notices and sends another one of those amazing smiles my way. My organs seem to dislocate for a brief second, then return back to normal, just like that. Oh, what he does to me.

The rain is pelting down now, so we walk a slight bit faster, our feet just skimming the concrete now. My vision is clouded by the water droplets littering my thick eyelashes. I see a few other high schoolers running about in the storm. One guy is wagging a middle finger in the air. Gaskarth. I hope it isn't directed at me, but who's to say.

So Gerard and I continue down the narrow street to my house, which looks exceptionally eerie shrouded in fog. We make or way to the door, the rain water dotting our faces and soaking our clothes. He hesitates for a moment, a moment in which I drag him under the small awning over my front door.

I gingerly take his other hand, feeding his fingers gently through my own, gazing into the other boy's eyes. His face is still faded red, but his orbs remain hazel, the color I love. He looks down at our feet, which are closer together than I'd originally realized. Who would have guessed I'd be the one to initiate such contact. Hey, at least he doesn't seem to mind it. That would have made things a whole lot worse.

Gerard looks me straight in the eye. For a moment, we just . . . look. Those eyes shine with enticement, a fire that doesn't appear to be burning out, which is almost alarming. As it begins to dawn on me that he might not pull away from this stance, my blood begins to rush in my veins, sounding in my ears. I swallow, hard. Trying to inhale becomes much of a struggle. Gerard lets go of my hands, much to my surprise. What is this feeling? Longing? Or pure disappointment? Probably a bit of both.

Until he folds his arms behind my back, enveloping me in an awkward somewhat-hug? Only then do I realize what he's going for. The boy looks me right in the face, blinks once, then continues staring. I return the gesture, crossing my arms behind his neck. And we inch closer. And closer. Now our bodies are pressed together and I tilt my head and the heat is so disorienting as I inhale the lovely scent of his skin and with so much hunger and so much passion . . . I do it. I close the minimal gap between our lips. At last, we're one.

I kiss him.

It's slow and sweet, his hands traveling my back as I pull him closer, my hands ruffling through his hair. I savor one last taste of the boy before we both pull away. And I smile, my heart singing. I take note of his reddened face and his quick breaths, and the organ longingly swells at the sight of his beautiful eyes. I chew on my lip again, trying to keep my pedo-smile contained, but Gerard takes that gesture as another opportunity. He bends his head down again and softly brushes our lips together once more, and I run my hands down to his broad shoulders. He holds me tighter, and my breath hitches in my throat. The boy gradually pulls away, the fire in his eyes blazing, burning bright as he smiles with those eyes, closing me in a hug.

"Bye, Frank," he whispers, his voice buttery smooth and calming. I mouth the word 'bye' and he walks away, turning around to smile as he becomes smaller and smaller in my vision. I bite the side of my cheek as I unlock the door and pound up the steps, laying down on my hardwood floor.

For the rest of the night, I sit around and read, having an attack of feelings every now and again. My first kiss. And it was him. It was always him. Ever since the day in seventh grade when he'd found me after I'd heard illegal fireworks going off somewhere in the distance and Gerard picked me up and took me home. That's when I knew. He's put me back on my feet ever since then. This was only the second time it had happened, but I just know he'll always be there.

The best time, might I add.

Suddenly, it's seven o'clock at night. I stumble into bed early, impatiently awaiting tomorrow.

************

HI THERE!!
Tell me if I dun goofed.
I haven't updated this in weeks. I apologize profusely. Thanks to anyone who cares enough to read this. I know I'm not the best, but thanks for sticking around anyway. Love you, have a day just like your face (gorgeous). <3