~•9•~

"All guns, hold here- take cover."

(Y/N) P.O.V
I ran and took cover. I looked at my ammo as I didn't have much left. This was more irritating as the Mexican army kept coming.

Alejandro noticed I was low and threw down an ammo box. "We suppress by fire, then we advance..."
I looked at Alejandro concerned on how long it will take extract to come. "Is our signal jammed?"
He looked back at me irritated at his current situation, "It may be so. The isn't much signal, we're forced to defend."
I huffed, but I got back up, reloaded my gun, and shot down enemies. I shot them in the head. I was so irritated, I was almost seeing red.

Alejandro yelled to Rodriguez "Disparen! Light them up-! Rodriguez, get comms up!"

Rodriguez comms "Control, Victor 1, request immediate extraction at Soul River Bridge, how copy?"

I ran to Rodriguez to cover him. I could now hear concern in his face.

Rodriguez comms "Control, do you copy?"

Me, Ghost, Soap, and Alejandro finish shooting off the remainder of the Mexican army, and then there was silence.
I brought my weapon down as I saw no hostiles, but Ghost still kept his guard up "We clear?".

Alejandro packed the ammo box and took a head start "For now, they'll be more. Vamos."
We followed him down the hill path.
We jogged down a steeper hill and noticed it was the edge. I looked at Alejandro with a questionable look. "Are we jumping down?" He smirked in a playful matter "Not this high, we need to get close to the ground."
For once I was left speechless by Alejandro.
I looked at Rodriguez in hopes of communications with Rodolfo."Any word from Rodolfo?"
Rodriguez gave me a tired look "No we lost comms"
Alejandro cussed and kept walking "Puta... Let's keep it moving. Through here" I sighed heavily, but thanked him for the update.
"The mountain's blocking comms. We need to move quickly"

Ghost walked a bit close to me "Your man get the call out?" He asked Alejandro
"Let's hope so."
Ghost looked at Alejandro with a irritated look, I walked ahead as I didn't want to put more stress on myself from the tension emitting from Ghost. He noticed me walk ahead and kept his eyes on me. I couldn't help, but feel a shiver down my spine. I looked away from him and walked ahead.
Soap caught up to me and walked besides me "What's the plan?" I was irritated but happy at the same time as we had a moment of silence.
"In all honesty Soap, I have no idea. I think I might jump off this hill and take a swim." Soap giggled for a bit, "Didn't except you to make a joke at this time." I gave him a side eye "Well, I have a concussion like there's no tomorrow, and I'm low on ammo, but ya know who might know." Soap gave me a confused look but smiled. "Alejandro"
Soap noticed the annoyance in my voice and laughed. "I'll ask'em." He walked towards Alejandro to discuss how we''ll proceed forward. I giggled an walked further to the edge and saw a bridge. I heard Alejandro yell to catch our attention to inform the group.
"There's a bridge at the river. Extraction will be there!"
Ghost looked at me then back at Alejandro "and if it isn't?"
I looked at Alejandro with a questionable look. "How do you expect us to get down their?"
Alejandro looked at me, but didn't give me a reply to me, he just spoke out load "God help us"
I breathed in heavily as I come to terms of my situation. I might not make it here alive. For a moment, it's silent, I look up to the sky to admire the clouds. It's very cloudy, but sunny at the same time. I hear a muffling sound, but it's getting louder. I finally hear someone yell "Contact! RPG!" It was Ghost. He ran towards me and pulled me down against him to take cover from impact. Again, my ear rings, but this time, it was only my right ear instead of both. This time he grabs my chin and made me look at him. "What's wrong with you D! Didn't you hear me call enemy contact?!" I looked at him, but didn't know what to say. As he looked at me, I noticed his eyes gave a concerned look of worry. "Bloody hell D, can you hear me!" I didn't realize it, but my ear drum popped and bled due to the loud explosion from the RPG moments ago. I sat up quickly, not caring how much my blood covered the right side of my neck down to my shoulder. Ghost got up and covered me as I grabbed my weapon to prepare to fire. My ear rang, but I didn't care.
Alejandro took cover and yelled to let us know the enemies position "Army on the ridgeline!"
I aimed at the ridgeline and spotted a bomber with three active shooters on his left. I shot him down with ease before he could load another missile, then I proceeded to shoot down his left shooter who failed at covering him. Ghost noticed my aim, and shot down the other two active shooters with no problem. I took cover at that moment and put pressure against my ear to ease the pain. Soap finished off the remaining soldiers that were left,with Alejandro assisting.
It was quiet again.
Alejandro called out "Anyone hit?!"
Ghost looked at me, just to reconfirm that I wasn't truly hurt, other than my ear drum popping."Negative!" Soap noticed me and spoke out loud "Your'a bloody mess aren't ya." I slowly looked at him and gave him a blank stare. He giggled out of nerves and apologized "Sorry D."
Soap quickly walked off to avoid my gaze as he knew he had pissed me off. "Good to go!"