The new girl

A new girl had just moved in with the bad boys in our compound. She went with the name Praise. Last I was able to graze my ear with, she was a pastor's daughter. And a rich one at that. I wondered what she was doing at this kind of place. Was she here for a sort of reformation like me?

How I hoped she was!

Coming to live here with my mother had always amazed me. I remembered how I was once popular. How my life was once luxurious, being the only child of one of a world renown actress. I recalled how I had wanted for nothing. Don't be mistaken, It wasn't as if I was dying of hunger now. But I missed my beautiful room, my pretty dresses and the boys that used to fawn over me (wish to see their faces when they see where I lived now).

Mother sold all, actually. The grand house we used to live in, the dresses, the jewellery, all gone! And if not for that mistake....... I wouldn't like to remember it! How I wished I could turn back the time! How I wished I had told my mom how insecure I was! No time to mourn over what is lost. Being here to discover myself was all that mattered.

It was as easy as that- or was it?

***
Thank you so much for reading! Without you, we wouldn't write, pls vote, share and comment. Thanks