Savior

WARNING!!! Mentions of heavy drinking, suicide and death.

"What. Was. That?!" Cole asked as Jay whipped around.

"I... I'll explain it on the way, but we should go now." Jay's tone of voice turned more serious than normal as he tuned back to the team, before hurrying past them, towards Lord Garmadon's camp. The other three shrugged before running after him.

"So, Jay, how do you know ...(y/n)?" Cole said, hesitantly speaking the name of the islander boy.

"Well, he was my boyfriend." Cole chocked on air as Kai tripped on his own feet, and 'gracefully' face planting into the dirt. Zane helped the fire ninja up before patting Cole on the back in worry.

"Yeah, I never told you, did I?" Jay continued, a little annoyed by his teammates reactions.

"Okay, cool, that's cool, but how did he end up here of all places?" Cole questioned.

"How should I know, I've been thinking he was dead for the past three years." Jay continued as Zane spoke up.

"I see, that must have been tough, but isn't it good you finally found him?"

"Of course, I'm over the moon! I'll take him back to Ninjago as soon as possible but..." As unusual as it was for Jay to portray his emotions with words rather than panicking, the team was taking it surprisingly well.

"But?" The three other ninja questioned at the same time.

"His parents... They both... Couldn't live without (y/n), his mother took her own life not long after his disappearance, (y/n)s father dying in a car accident after a night at a bar." Jay continued. Kai and Cole winced and shut their lips into thin lines, not knowing what more to say. The air was heavy, until Zane spoke up.

"We can take him in, Well, Sensei can." Zane stated as the team arrived near Garmadon's stone warrior camp.

"We'll have to ask him what he wants first." Jay continued before jumping on top of a rock and laying low as the three others followed his example. The other three were actually partially panicking, but they kept their cool, for Jay's sake.

 "Look, this must be Garmadon's camp." Jay changed the subject as he pointed to the giant camp with stone warriors swarming all around. 

"No, you think? I thought it was a takeout restaurant." Kai joked sarcastically.

"It looks like he's building something." Kai continued as they noticed the giant construction area accompanied by a crane in the corner of the camp.

"Building what exactly?" Jay questioned himself before Cole rolled his eyes at the two.

"Quiet, you bozos. We still need to find what the medallion matches up to." Cole said as he flailed the medallion in his hand.

"Let me see." Zane said as Cole handed him the medallion.

"Hmm, nothing matches... Wait." Zane said upon spotting something of interest.

"Is it the Temple of Light?" Jay gasped and in turn grabbed the medallion from Zane.

"No, but look!" Zane pointed down to where the falcon laid unmoving on a table inside Garmadon's camp.

"Your Falcon. I thought it got shot down and was lost for good." Kai pondered.

"Not if I can retrieve it and get the pieces back to my father." Zane said hopefully and stood up.

"Wait, Zane. You're veering from the plan. We're supposed to be finding the Temple of Light and staying out of sight." Cole explained with a whisper.