Prologue 2

"Hu- huh?" I let out as I woke up. I was laying on beach it seemed, and I was drenched from head to toe. I looked around: Palm trees, sand, forests, mountains... Yet no people or even a house. This wasn't Ninjago. I stood up and almost fell over as a rush of water rose to my ankles and back to the shoreline. I... Am I- on a deserted island? Even my own thoughts seemed to stutter as I turned back to the sea. Only blue skies and the water mirroring its colors as far as the eye could see. I felt tears prick up in my eyes when a distorted laugh came from behind me.

"Oh? What is a child like you doing on my island? I didn't summon you here." I whipped around but saw nothing. My legs trembled. This wasn't normal. 

"Not going to talk? Well, I won't make you, but I won't tell you anything unless you ask." I jumped as the voice spoke again. I saw a small glimmer somewhere between the palm trees coating the island. 

"Who- who are you?!" I called to what ever it was, as it laughed again.

"I, am the Overlord." The name sent chills down my spine, although I have never heard of an 'Overlord' before.

"Why am I here?" I asked it.

"That is what I'd like to know as well." It answered.

"Then, how can I get back to Ninjago?"

"You think you can return? HAHAHHAHAHAHAA! DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH!" The voice laughed maniacally. Fear made its way to my chest and I warily backed away as the Overlord took a deep breath before calming down.

"I have been stuck here, for AGES! There is no way back, unless I say so myself." The Overlord said. I was still scared, but if the Overlord wanted to harm me, it could go ahead, but I wasn't listening to its pointless words for a second longer. I walked to the forest with haste, as fast as I could, trying to catch whatever the Overlord was. The purple glimmer vanished, before appearing at a completely different place. Now I could see it fully. A glowing purple light, floating in the air as it spoke to me.

"Aah, I'm not lying, you know? You're stuck here. Forever!" My breath hitched as the glow spoke. Fear finally got the best of me, and I ran. Through the forest, I saw a glimpse of a inhumanly big spider, as well as some animals, both normal, and one's with razor sharp teeth, and piercingly pointy horns. Soon enough I got to a cave. I grabbed a rock and threw it in, and when no sound, nor any movement happened in the cave, I sneaked in. I laid my back against the stone wall and sighed. Letting the realization of everything sink in, I started sobbing. I was stuck in an island with inhuman creatures only seen in storybooks, and with no way to get back home. 

"You can hide, and I wont bother trying to search for you, but the creatures here aren't the friendliest. That's my warning, as your friend." The Overlord called from far away in the thick forest. 

"There is dry wood and stones near one of the caves here, make a campfire, unless you wanna freeze to death, hahahaa!" The Overlord laughed before quieting down. I cried silently to myself before standing up. I looked outside the cave, and noticed a fallen tree along with all the rocks in front of the cave. I picked up a rock and walked back into the cave. Carving a vertical line on the stone wall.

"Then I will make this place my new home. One day at a time."