"Together?"

______________
! direct request (Aestethic_bitch ) !
! Part 2 of '🌧Muzan's Favorite🌸' !
! unannounced genre (surprise) !
______________

-Recap-

"Let's escape, run away."

"Together"

-End Of Recap-

I blinked, even my regenerating body seemed to pause. Is he mad? Flat out stupid? Insane? Escape? Sure, if you have a death wish. But despite all the things that swirled about in my head, I only said one thing.
"Together?"
Was I really this vulnerable? I should be blowing his head off! But yet, I wasn't. He didn't laugh, or even really smile. Just... stared. He was looking me dead in the eyes, and I couldn't help but blush.
"Yeah, together. Me and you. Be free, you know?"
For some reason, I felt tears well up in my eyes, hands gripping onto his more desperately by the second. I felt the need to cry, but I wasn't sad, rather there was a warm sting. Douma noticed my slight tremble and squeezed back, before tugging away his hands. Going to place both of his hands on my shoulders, but I couldn't help it. When he went to clamp down on the still blood coated shoulders, he was met with nothing. Before he could express his shock, a hot and solid weight flung into his chest, strong arms wrapping around his neck, the light pink hair was all he could see when he glanced down, my face was nuzzled into his collarbone. I didn't dare look up at him, but I let the long over due tears fall from my eyes, clinging tightly onto him. I felt pathetic, suddenly breaking out in tears, but then his arms wrapped around my waist, hugging me back. Tighter, and tighter until I felt so secure I might not be able to move. Like if Muzan tried to steal me away, I wouldn't be taken away, I wouldn't be dragged back. The more I was hugged and my back was rubbed comfortably, the more I sobbed and choked.
This was a little ironic.
The man I said I despised was comforting me.
At my lowest...

Warmth surged through my heart. Why hadn't I been nice to him? Why did I punch and push him away? What if I was hurting him? I couldn't explain or express how I felt at the moment, but I felt the need to say something.
"Sorry, Douma."
No other words, no matter how hard I tried, would follow. A silly feeling of happiness flowed from head to toe in my body. He never let go, holding me tight until I broke away. When I did, I wouldn't meet his eyes, too embarrassed to say a word to him. Nothing was said for a few minutes, the awkwardness of the situation finally got to me, and I mumbled a few words. "What about Kokushibo? He's always been good to me. Shouldn't we see if he would come along?" This time, I met his eyes, still staring at me. Face flushed, I blinked a few times, fluttering my eyelashes. I saw him sigh, an apologetic glint to his eyes. "You know the more people know the more likely we are to be stopped. Muzan isn't listening to us or reading us because I was told to keep you company." He grasped my shoulders, ducking his head slightly to be eye to eye with me. No words were needed, so neither of us said anything. The silence was enough.

Douma smiled and patted my shoulders, standing and offering me his hand. I was a little taken aback, contemplating how to respond. "Come on, we should go before it's too late to get out of this hell hole." Douma's cheeks puffed out as his smile got bigger, ear to ear with pure joy. I shyly clasped my fingers into his hands, pulling myself up with the help of his sturdy arms. I stared, slightly in a daze, trying to figure out what I was feeling. I felt like all the pain I felt was nothing. This moment was enough to make up for it all. Instead of throbbing annoyance, I felt oddly warm. If I wasn't a demon, I would have assumed I was getting sick. No matter what this was, there was no time as Douma tugged me forward and we slunk out the door.

3rd Person POV:

Sliding out the old and dirtied doorframe, the two demons lurked outside the room, looking every which way to find their ticket out. Only one demon could get them out, and unless they could convince her, they had a way bigger problem to quarrel with. Floor boards creaked under their weights as they jumped and fled through the castle, looking for the demon kings pet. Nakime. She was the only demon who could grant access in and out of the castle. And of course she was always kept on a everbinding leesh by Muzan, making finding her and convincing her to help them sneak away is extremely unlikely. Plus, anyone who leaves would have certainly had to discuss and get her consent to leave, so the chances were slim, and the making the forbidding tug of unease hang around their throats like a noose, even tighter. Hushed breaths shivered their ways out of the barely parted lips of the demons. It felt like even breathing too loud put their heads on the line.