𝟎𝟎𝟕

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ ᔕᗴᐯᗴᑎ

___________

Madeleine apparates to outside the cemetery and almost immediately ducks behind a nearby pillar, covering her face with her arm, as the blue fire explodes out of the amphitheatre. Clutching her wand, she takes a deep breath and makes a run for it. She shoots various protection spells to the pursuing fire as she makes her up a set of stairs and towards the exit. As she reaches it, the others arrive as well. Madeleine spots an old, pale man standing there, watching the fire and the group,
"Flamel?!" she shouts, drawing his attention briefly, "what are you doing here?"
"Ah, little Maddy. I'll tell you once we've cleared this fire." He replies and Madeleine nods slowly, "together!" Flamel says, addressing the others, "in a circle, your wand into the earth, or all Paris will be lost!"
The fire wizards disapparate away from Flamel and reappear in various places around the outside of the cemetery, surrounding the raging fire. Madeleine grips her wand tightly before plunging it into the ground and yelling,
"Finite!"
Orange shields erupt from the ground, all around the cemetery, spreading quickly to join together as orange flames start fighting Grindelwald's demonic fire. Still gripping her wand, Madeleine watches as the blue and orange flames circle up into the air before their own takes over, enveloping Grindelwald's and driving it back down into the theatre, sealing it inside.
Madeleine let's put a breath she didn't know she was holding, relaxing her grip on her wand and withdrawing it from the earth. A stray tear trickles down the side of her face and she lifts a hand to it, wiping it away, as she stares straight forward. Now it was all over, Madeleine could really feel the loss of Leta. It was so strong. Even all those years they'd spent apart, unknown of what sort of friendship they had, Madeleine had still thought of them as friends. Their relationships with Theseus pushing at their friendship. They had sorted it out when she had returned and Leta's worry for where she stood with Madeleine was clear and Madeleine had wanted her to know that they were still best friends. Now she was gone, all the years spent apart unknowing of where they stood with each other, pulled down on Madeleine.

More tears spill down her cheeks and she sniffs, not bothering to wipe them away. She rises to her feet, tucking her wand away and looking around, trying to locate the others. She spots Flamel comforting Jacob and Tina not far away from them. Kama was handing the snake lady his jacket. Madeleine smiles as she spots the Scamander brothers hugging on the opposite side of the cemetery to her. Pulling her eyes away from the two, she takes a deep breath and wipes away the tears before disapparating and reappearing near Flamel. Everyone else eventually joins them and Madeleine looks over as they walk up behind her. She turns fully when she spots the Niffler in Newt's arms and steps towards them, bringing her hand up to the creature, stroking its forehead. Newt puts his hand in his chest pocket and discreetly holds it out to the blonde. Madeleine takes her eyes away from the Niffler and down to Newt's hand. Her eyes widen when she sees the vial laying on his palm.
"Is that the blood pact?!" She asks in disbelief, lowing her voice slightly as she picks it up from his hand and studies it. Newt nods.
"Er it's Grindelwald's I believe." He replies and she looks up at him.
"How did you get it?" She asks.
"Teddy here stole it." He replies with a small chuckle. Madeleine laughs slightly, looking at the Niffler.
"Of course." She looks back at it before putting it back in his hand, "Nice find." She whispers to the Niffler, stroking his forehead before stepping away from the magizooligist.
Madeleine turns to Theseus and sees him staring mournfully at the amphitheatre. She sighs quietly and walks over to him. He turns his head as she approaches and she smiles softly at him, looking to were he was seconds before.
"I'm gonna miss her." She says, stopping beside him.
"I loved her so much," he whispers and Madeleine nods, trying to stop the tears that were welling in her eyes.
"She loved you too, Theseus. But she did what she had to do and we can't be angry at her for it." She wipes a tear from her face that had snuck out from her eye and sniffed quietly. "We'll mourn her as she deserves." She mutters before squeezing his hand and turning away from him, letting go as quickly as she'd grabbed it. Theseus watches as she wanders over to Flamel and begins talking to him. He sighs, glancing one last time at the theatre, and then joining the group.

________________________________________

𝘼/𝙉 : 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑤𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑀𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑢𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑. 𝑖'𝑚 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑑𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑑𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑀𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑐𝑎𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡. 𝐻𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠. 𝑚𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.