MEETING HER 11

THE ANNUAL CAMP

David's P.O.V.

Nothing could beat the happiness that Helena and I felt when our proposal passed the criteria of Mrs. Cheng. The higher office even congratulated us for putting our efforts together that's why we are now here at Teraza Aculla for our Annual Camp.

Since it was declared signal number one across the area, the school decided that only Junior and Senior students would be allowed to join us. The whole thing wasn't almost pushed through because of the bad weather, but the students - mostly the Juniors, didn't give up on persuading the teachers.

This would be a one of a kind team building project that would measure the students' different strategies, analytical skills, body strength and trust to each other, in order for them to solve a certain problem altogether. After the Junior and Senior obstacle games, one team per division would be declared as the winner.

Helena and I went here earlier than the other students. Kasama ang ibang mga faculty members, training officers at medics, ngayon ay inaayos namin ang mga tutulugang tents mamayang gabi - kasama na rin ang paglalagay ng mga hidden clues, flags, traps at iba pang mga item na gagamitin naman sa isasagawang obstacle race mamayang hapon. Syempre, as program organizers, hindi kami kasali sa gagawing palaro. It was a good thing na medyo uminit na rin, meaning the weather was in favor of us.

Malapit na kaming matapos nang magsidatingan ang iba pang mga estudyante at guro. Nag-iwas na lang ako ng tingin nang makita ko kung paano makalingkis si Vanessa sa braso ni Drew. I knew I had already moved on. It was easy to forgive but still, I couldn't forget about what she did to me three months ago.

All of a sudden, I got startled when Helena feeded me with chocolates without even calling my name. With that being said, I was forced to open my mouth and chew them.

"Hi, Cristoff! I just want to check, baka nalipat sa'yo 'yong trangkaso ko? With that face? I could obviously see some bitterness. Ano? Masyado bang mapait ang panlasa mo?" She was clearly teasing me.

I didn't know what to say. Napaka-unpredictable talaga ng babaeng ito!

Minsan, todo kung makaiwas at todo maka-walkout. Minsan naman, feeling close sa akin. Minsan, ubod din ng taray! She accepted my Famebook request five days ago but she just kept on placing me on her seenzone column. Hindi ko talaga siya ma-gets! But when it comes to situations involving Vanessa, she was always there to save me and I thanked her for doing that.

Pakiramdam ko ay lumagpas-lagpas 'yong tsokolate sa bibig ko. I could sense that I also had some in the cheeks, kaya para makaganti sa kanya ay pinunas ko 'yong nasa gilid ng bibig ko sa pisngi niya.

"Haha, oh! Ano ka ngayon, Helena? May bitterness bitterness ka pang nalalaman ha... wala nga sa vocabulary ko ang salitang 'yan! In fairness, ang cute mo! Ang sarap mo sigurong halikan habang may tsokolate ka pa sa pisngi, ano?" I told her.

For me, it was only a witty joke... but why does it feel like my heart suddenly throbbed faster? Why was it that I liked to make it real? And I didn't want to kiss her only in the cheeks...

Namula naman 'yong mukha niya. Hindi niya siguro inaasahan 'yong magiging ganti ko sa kanya. "Eww! Ang baboy mo! Kadiri ka talaga, Cristoff! Yuck!" She gave me back those chocolates by also wiping them back to my cheeks... and here we started bickering again.

"David and Helena, what's with that commotion? As leaders, you should be the first to follow silence here! Look at the two of you! You two were acting like kids! Go fix yourselves and we will be eating our lunch," Mrs. Cheng glared at us. That's when we realized that all of the students' eyes were stuck at us - including the accusing eyes of Drew and Vanessa.