MEETING HER 05

GREEN PAIR OF EYES

David's P.O.V.

It had been three months already and yet, awkward pa rin ang lahat sa pagitan namin ni Helena. But I must admit, I had always been thinking about that smack kiss. Palagi ko na lang tuloy iniisip... ano kayang nangyari kung mas tumagal pa ang aksidenteng halik na 'yon, to think na kakikilala pa lang namin?

Helena was my first kiss.

Vanessa was my first girlfriend pero kahit kailan ay hindi ko siya nahalikan sa mga labi. I was already contented with just holding hands and kiss on the cheeks.

Marahil ay 'yon ang dahilan kung bakit hindi niya ako nagustuhan nang buo... o baka naman kasi sa simula pa lang ay hindi na niya talaga ako gusto. She only used and treated me like a slave. She was a happy-go-lucky type of girl who was always up for fun and maybe, she found me a little bit of boring!

Speaking of Vanessa? After what happened to us the same day I had that experience with Helena, she decided to transfer to section two - Drew's section.

She might just realized na wala na siyang mukha pang ihaharap sa akin. I knew I was being mean and bitter, but who wouldn't? Sa murang puso ko ay natutunan ko siyang mahalin nang totoo, pero anong ginawa niya sa akin? Niloko lang niya ako. She shattered me into pieces and time could only tell when would I be ready to truly forgive her.

On the other hand, it was obvious that Helena kept on distancing herself within my reach. Regardless, I could say that she still kept on competing with me and that - she was still eyeing for the valedictorian title.

I was not threatened as results of our first grading period show that I was still on top. Kahit na pinatawag pa ako ng Guidance Councilor at Principal. It was a good thing that what happened in the garden did not affect my overall standing at St. Augustine's Academy. They only gave me an advice that it should never happen again.

These past few days, my mind was preoccupied with so many things. Kasama na nga roon ang isiping... paano kung hindi ko nailigtas si Helena no'ng araw na 'yon? Paano na lang kung nasagasaan siya? Ano kaya 'yong naramdaman niya no'ng aksidente kaming nagkahalikan? Ako rin kaya ang first kiss niya? But above all these, what I was really curious about was...

Who is Athena?

She was also the one who kept on bugging my head, aside from the kiss Helena and I shared together. I didn't know but why does it feel like... I had an unknown connection with her?

I saw Helena browsing her tablet with that Athena's Famebook profile on the screen: Athena Cari Delgado. She looked exactly like Helena, but based on the posts on her timeline - she was already dead.

Helena seemed to be really surprised when she saw me at her back. I lied and I told her that I didn't see anything, but in fact, I saw everything. Mula sa paghahanap niya ng kung ano mang libro sa halos lahat ng shelves sa library, sa sandali niyang pagkatulala na para bang may malalim siyang iniisip, hanggang sa muntikang pagkahulog ng tablet niya pagkakita niya sa akin. She walked out of the library forgetting her handkerchief and when I got it, I saw Athena's name embroidered on it.

Was Athena her dead twin sister? Or was Helena having a dual personality disorder?

Damn it! I think, I'm going crazy! Bakit kasi ibang pangalan ang nakaburda sa panyo niya?

"Mr. Rivera, are you even listening?" the voice of Mrs. Cheng suddenly dragged me out of deep reverie.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am. I beg your pardon," nahihiyang sabi ko. First time kong hindi nakapag-focus sa klase ngayon. Ni hindi ko nga alam kung anong topic na ang itinuturo.