part 2: Growing and Learning

It's now been a few months since Shredder had kidnapped the small turtles and Splinter hated himself for letting him get away.

He then saw Donatello, the tallest but youngest turtle from the ones he was able to keep safe, start to stand on two legs like he was but it was wobbly.

He took Donatello's hand to help him balance. Raphael, the second oldest yet shortest, then came up and stood next to Splinter as well, taking Splinter's hand to balance.

Leonardo, the oldest, had been able to stand and barely walk for a week or two now.

---

With Shredder he saw that the triplets were now able to walk a bit and talk a good amount better.

He was also able to find out that Michaelangelo was autistic and had ADHD. He also was able to identify that the turtle tot was a box turtle.

He was very proud of them, and he saw that the three were following him around and copying what he did.

He chuckled as he saw Michaelangelo copying his stances as he was practicing his fighting stances.

A few hours later he heard the box turtle call his name.

"Papa! Me, Venus, and Karai wanna show you something!" Called the small mutant turtle tot from the other room.

Shredder was planning his revenge but he always knew that his children came before revenge so he put down his pen and went to check on them.

When he entered the living room, where the triplets were, he saw the three dressed up like him. They had taped and stapled construction paper together to make his battle armor, which was what he was wearing when Shredder took in Michelangelo.

"Mikey made it himself so we can surprise you!" Exclaimed Karai with a smile.

"I could've never done it without your guys' idea!" Said Michelangelo with a shy smile.

"You're all beautiful and these are very well crafted young ones." Said Shredder with a proud smile, hugging his children.

The three kids gladly hugged back with huge smiles on their faces. After the hug was over they all started to do other things they enjoyed after carefully taking off the paper armor.

Mikey started to draw random doodles while tapping his fingers together, stimming happily. What he drew was simple and really just lines.

Venus started to watch a show called The Hunger Games. It was quite graphic so since Shredder was planning his revenge in the same room he covered her eyes when a graphic scene happened, much to her disliking.

Karai had started to make origami kunai and started to attack the air, pretending that the air was the enemies that she made in her mind.

After a while the family went out to get lunch. Venus and Mikey were wearing disguises.

Venus' disguise was an oversized black hoodie with teal and silver designs that covered her body down to her ankles. Shredder tried to make her and Mikey wear shoes but it was too uncomfortable for the two.

Mikey's disguise was quite similar. It was an oversized black hoodie with orange designs on it. Once again the hoodie went to his ankles. For both turtles they had their hoods up and Shredder was able to find masks to match their disguises.

The small family then went out and explored the city. They got some pizza as well as actual healthier food. After they all decided to explore the city a bit more. They also bought a few things for their homes and other items they either wanted or needed.

When they returned home they put away the things and they hung out more the rest of the day. The next day all three kids followed Shredder to where he trained the foot soldiers and started copying whatever they could. Throughout the entire training session the practical triplets had smiles on their faces.

After the training session Shredder approached his children.

"Hi papa! Did we do good in the fighting training?" Asked Venus, unsure of what to call a training session.

"You all did fantastic." Said Shredder with a smile. "Hmmm... Why don't I train you three personally?" Asked Shredder as his children's eyes lit up with glee.

"YES YES YES!" Exclaimed the children with large smiles on their faces.

Shredder chuckled at his kids' behavior. "Alright. Alright. How about I start training you three in a few days?" Asked Shredder.

"Ahh noooo. Tomorrowwww... Pleaseeeee" Pleaded the children, making the father figure chuckle.

"Alright alright. Tomorrow it is." Said Shredder as he spread his arms for a hug.

The practical triplets immediately hugged their papa and smiled happily.

Word count: 770

Shredder: 26

Mikey and Venus: 9 1/2 months

Karai: 10 months