Chapter 2

[Christian POV]

After speaking to my love, I slowly made my way back to my cabin, which once again showed the effects of my dark nature.

When I reached the end of the woods, I stopped and stared at the place I called home for the past two years. It wasn't much: simple dark, wooden boards made up the structure - with a vanish that gave it a gleam that seemed even more dull than me - a roof and a heavy set of a dark foreboding wooden door.

Everything in the house screams depression. I wouldn't even call it a home, as it had no warmth, love or even life. Just a place that provided shelter. Just a place to sleep and maybe eat.

I slowly made my way up the stairs and saw a rot I needed to fix. Maybe that might added some spice to my day, I thought sarcastically.

So I changed my course of destination and made my way to the shed that had my tools. " Shit", I murmured. I had no more spare boards. Just great. Maybe the stairs could remain so for a while, I thought once again, putting off my dreaded trip to town.

I made my way back into the house, carefully avoiding the rotted stair before I had to make a trip to the ER. Something I absolutely didn't wanted to do, since I already had plenty of other things that I needed to take care of.

As I slipped off my boots, a loud growl racked through my body, so I made my way towards the kitchen.

I slumped over my fridge in a search for something to eat, finding nothing but a few beers. I already knew the cupboards were empty. It had been so for the past three days.

I grudgingly took a beer and sat down on the shabby chair in my kitchen. Thinking to myself, I realized I would have to make a trip to town later today. If I didn't,  I would not only be starving myself, but the roaches as well.

As I chugged my beer, I let my eyes drift across the bear kitchen. With a slight smile on my face, I pictured Leana and the words that would come out of her smart mouth if she saw both me and this kitchen right now.

When I thought about it, I let out a bitter laugh, startling the bird that had settled over the ledge on the kitchen window. I let my eyes drift shut, caressing her angelic features as it twist into a beautiful scowl. If she only saw the mess I call life now.

I let a smile slip onto my face as I pictured her words: "Damn it Chris, get  your ass up and stop mourning!" she would say with restraining anger. "Is this how you live? Why the fuck are you staring at me like I am talking gibberish? You need - "

"Love," I would cut her off, which will irritate her even more.

I would contain the smile that was trying to slip onto my face, as I knew that would fuel her anger. "I miss you."

I jumped awake from my distracted thoughts when the beer bottle shattered on the floor, breaking into a million pieces. I tried to ease my erratically beating heart and desperatelly held the memory of my beautiful Leana's face. Even if its twisted into a scowl with an angry frown set on her lips, she is still the most beautiful woman in the world.

After cleaning up the shards of glass, I went into my study and grabbed a book to read before taking another shower and going to town.

Ah town, how I can't wait for my dreaded visit to you. Oh the joy of the stares and the whispers, I thought with a bitter smirk.