Chapter 12

"A lover?" I asked, digging my nails into my own flesh. "No, just some assassin who managed to get inside the duchy." She responded, "And you're not alarmed?" I asked back, as she shakes her head.

"Why don't you check it out?" She offers with a smile, her red lips curling. I do love the sound of high-pitched screams and cries, but isn't that too much of a waste when it comes to time managements?

"Maybe then, father will be interested in you." I gave her a look before she laughs, clearly amused by this whole thing. "Not that he's not, but this way, he'll love you even more."

She steps closer to me, "And who knows, maybe you'll be greatly rewarded." I don't want the prize, I was in for the excitement. "Sure," I gave her a grin as she smirked. "That toy is all yours then, Ms. soon-to-be Agriche."

Ana really does know how to push my buttons, I laughed. Nobody would make me do all this work if she didn't make me think about the enjoyment I'll get to have while looking for this imposter.

Morning awoke and I had a great sleep after all that had happened, and instead of birds chirping, all I heard was screaming, and I don't mind that at all. It's nice to hear them, their cries and all that.

I went down for breakfast and the only person missing was the head of the family himself. Now that you mention it, this is the first time I saw Ana's mother other than that one time in the party years ago.

She still has that kind atmosphere, and Aunt Maria was beside her. From this angle, she looks so much like a doll, I silently chuckled, no wonder why the Madam is so outgoing with her, she looks very pretty.

There was also another girl in the house of Agriche. Her hair was a puffy red and was tied into two pigtails as her green eyes was bright. She looks younger than Jeremy, but looks like someone spoiled.

Huh, she resembles a younger brother of mine from this side. And there were more children here as well, gosh, can't Lante ever be faithful and satisfied to one woman? But, I guess it's fine since he chose some beautiful women for their age.

And plus, I cannot judge them, for my family was also there once.

Everyone had their meals finished before each left, one by one. I also tried helping the maids with the table, but one of them said it was alright and that I should get ready myself. I thanked her before leaving to go get ready for the day.

My hair was being styled when one of the maids asked for my opinion on the dresses she picked. Again, I told her she could choose anything since I'm too shy to say I was horrible at choosing girly stuff.

The maid's clothing was much more longer than the others, which was why I thought she'll pick something long for me to wear, and I was right. She chose a rather lengthy, heavy dress that has a flower motif all around it.

She explained how beautiful these flowers were and that she saw them once when she was travelling somewhere before being a servant here years ago. The other maiden was also done with my hair so I quickly tried the dress on.

It was very comfortable despite the elegant design and I deeply thanked them for their hard work. With a smile, they reassured me that it was their job to help me with what I need and want.

One maid already left and the other one who chose my clothes was still cleaning my room as I just watched her, it was nice to see a lady determined to finish her work to please her master, I thought.

She feather dusted cobwebs, she changed the curtains, she even rearranged my closet for me to make it look neat and tidy. Not too long after that, she was already finished with her work. How nice to see that my bedroom was shining.

Again, I thanked her, but not before giving her a gift. It was an old dress I don't wear and it would be such a shame if I were to throw it away when it was still in perfect shape, so I thought of giving it away instead.

Seeing that we have the same size, she bowed and went to try it on. It was refreshing to see that I have made her smile by just one single clothing that I don't even use. She went out of the fitting room and I complimented her.

"Thank you so much for this gift, Ms. Agriche." She smiled, and I giggled. "It's not a big deal, I'm glad you are satisfied by such a small present from me." She nodded and twirled around before falling into the ground as she coughed.

Her whole body was beginning to go red and she itched like some crazy dog, to which I smirked to. The rash begins to go up her mouth and eyes and blisters are starting to appear everywhere her figure as my heels went up to her.

"Ms. Agriche, how did you--?" She couldn't get to speak anymore as I gave her a small smirk, seeing her eyes go red and watching her itch her skin. "Oh, sweetheart, nobody calls me that, only an imposter does." I gave her a kind, close-eyed smile. "Aren't these flowers lovely? They're the same as the ones on my dress, yours are real though."

"Are you curious to know what they are?" I asked, to which she just coughed. I bent down to her eye level as I saw her pupils go lifeless. How sad, the game is already over and it wasn't even a day yet.

I stood up and ordered a servant to throw the corpse somewhere far from here as I went outside my room to see Ana smiling at me, to which I smiled back. She walked up to me as she caressed my face.

"You're so much prettier when you kill," She says as I gave her a look.

"You should keep doing that, Poison Ivy."