Chapter 53 - Obscure Guild (8)

Snoid had told the four that the Dark Faction placed a curse on him, which would explode his head if he revealed sensitive information about the faction.

"Ah? Do you expect us to believe this?" Luo thought he was lying.

Isaac approached Luo Ren. "I believe him," he said. "Something similar happened in my first mission for the Snowrider faction back in the Tremblay Guild. I was up against people conducting illegal experiments on humans. But they all fell dead on the floor after we had won the fight."

Isaac couldn't confirm that the experiment led on him was the Dark Faction's doing. However, he was sure of it because red magic was a magic category created by the faction in secret and regarded as a myth. No one else knew to make this magic.

Recovered from his fight in VR, Aaron walked towards the snake humanoid and set himself next to Jenna. "Then, Snoid, what 'can' you tell us?"

Snoid grinned. "Oh, how about this? The Vampiric Queen and two people from the Democratic Alliance got sighted in one of my Tech-Think company's buildings!"

"Really? Who else knows where they are?!" Aaron was shocked by the sudden revelation. Isaac and Aaron aimed to rescue Gabriella from the DA agents but didn't know how to find her.

"It happened when you were training in virtual reality. They were sighted half an hour ago, and I'm the only one in control of this information."

Isaac clenched his fist. "Where are they? Where is Gabriella?"

"Normally, it would be difficult to find them, but they decided to go above the Obscure Guild's flat roof. I've been tracking them from satellites and can tell you their coordinates. Moreover, my secret passages can allow you to get to them quickly. Or wherever in the guild, actually."

Isaac's hand hardened, quickly conjuring a red spear and smashing it into the wall, a centimetre from Snoid's skull.

Shocked by this sudden move, everyone stared at Isaac. He was frowning. "Did you just tell us that there are secret passages that can get us anywhere in the obscure guild?"

"Oh, umm, yes?" Snoid understood he only wanted to threaten him as he shook his head. 'Dammit, I shouldn't have mentioned the hidden tunnels. Now they'll ask-'

Snoid's thoughts were interrupted when Jenna tore off the map of the Obscure stuck to the wall. She pointed at it and asked with a blatantly faked smile, "Fantastic! Then why don't you mark everything we need to know on this map? Including the location of each of the Seats, of course."

"Well, I do want to kill the other Seats too," the fifth Seat shook his head, "but if I gave you such valuable information right now, then you wouldn't think you needed me anymore."

"Oh, I think you'll open up soon." Luo agitated his hands and threatened to burn him.

Snoid's two guards looked at him for an order. The Creator made eye contact with one of them. Aaron proved more observant than his three companions and noticed the carefully hidden signal.

"Watch out!"

The guard aimed his assault rifle at Jenna, but Aaron pushed her away, yet a few bullets grazed him instead.

However, Aaron didn't flinch and looked at the guard, preparing to use wind magic. Suddenly, the room started twirling, which confused Aaron. Then, he saw double, and once that stopped, his vision became green.

The guard, a snake humanoid, a cursed species, flicked his tongue. While vampires could sprint fast, fly, and eat souls, snake humanoids could hypnotize. In the Tech-Think tower, Gabriella had saved Ejiro from getting caught by one.