05

I thought everything was fine yesterday but it all turn around when we met today in our classroom.

She acts like we don't know each other anymore. I called her name a lot of times, but she didn't even say my name back even just for a one time.

What's this all about? I thought it was fine with her? Why she isn't talking to me anymore? Are we still friends? Are we still okay? Is she still the Nica that I used to know and loved? I don't know anymore.

"What happened to you and Nica? You two we're really closed and in just a snap, you're not? Why aren't you talking to each other? Is there something wrong?"

One of our friends asked me but I don't know what should I answer so I stayed quiet and then suddenly called her again.

"Nica!" I shouted.

"What?" She responded and her tone sounds like angry

She came close to me and looked around before she hold my hand and pulled me somewhere. Somewhere with not much people walking around.

"Why do you keep on calling my name? It's kinda irritating me." She said after she let my hand go.

"Do we have a problem? Are we okay?" I asked.

"We're fine." She said coldly and I felt like there's still something that she wants to say.

"Are you sure?" I asked again.

"Know your limitations, France. You are not my friend. You are just my classmate." She said.

I completely don't know what she was meaning to and where was she coming from because I didn't do anything to her in the first place.

"Wait, what? What did I do to you?" I asked.

"You know what you did, France. Stop fooling around. You can fool everyone here, but not me. I still wish you well, France."

After that, she came back to our classroom and I followed her like nothing happened.

When we entered our room, one of our friends approached us, our friend asked if what is the problem with us. I let her answer it and she just said, "We're fine, thank you for the concern."

Few weeks have passed and we're still like that. When others are asking, she's just answering it with the phrase 'we're fine but we actually isn't. Is this her definition of 'fine'? Not talking to each other?

"You know that I am a writer, right?" I asked Sofie, our friend.

"Yes, why?" She asked back.

"I've been thinking about writing a song about my experience in loving my best friend. It's about my regrets." I said and she stared at my eye and amusement filled her eyes.

"Do I know this best friend of yours?" She asked.

"Yes, you do." I whispered because I heard that our teacher was still doing our attendance.

"Is this..." she didn't continue what she was going to say because the voice of my teacher echoed in my head when she called the used to be my best friend.

"Walkers, Thearine Nica L."

She immediately shouted present and when she caught me looking at her, she raised her brow and never looked at me again.

I hate this feeling! Ugh!

"Don't tell me you like Nica." Sofie said.

"I do like her. Then I confessed. And then that changes everything between us. We're not what we used to be anymore. Everything had change ever since I confessed." I said.