𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝟎𝟏

THE WINDS SEEMED to drop their temperatures lower than before, no one left the manor, afraid to be nipped by the freezing weather

     THE WINDS SEEMED to drop their temperatures lower than before, no one left the manor, afraid to be nipped by the freezing weather. the ruthless cold air was not one to mess with, especially when the land was covered in powdered snow. the horizon stretched nothing more than white plains, along with leafless trees as occasional blizzards blinded the outskirts of the sky range.

it was snowing, such beautiful sight for the young girl in the manor. sally clutched the teddy bear in her hold, staring with starry eyes out the window. it wasn't as if sally hadn't seen snow, it was just a bit too soon for the land to even be covered in snow, usually it was the occasional snow about to fall but no, this snowy season seemed to cover the entirety of the land. it seemed magical in the eyes of sally, she truly loved this time of the season.

much couldn't be said the same for the other pastas, unlike sally who was much too oblivious at the fact that it was almost the second anniversary of your death. the brunette was too young to keep track of the date, an event that formerly happened nonetheless. during this season, most pastas would rarely be seen... not much difference beforehand but the manor seemed even more empty than casual. the usual bickering of a few were oddly absent, just the silent ring of the tv was present, cold air wasn't helping either.

though eventually sally would catch on, she would soon notice why the rest were not revealing themselves, were not enjoying this festive season. no, she wished to excuse it with the simple 'oh, it's just cold for their liking.' a simple dislike of the wintery air is all.

she knew better than that.

sally may be young but she wasn't dumb, oh no, she was definitely not. upon realisation, a melancholy frown managed to tug at the corner of her lips, the memories washing in like a tsunami. seeing someone she cared about die before her eyes, all because that said person wanted to save someone that wasn't worth saving. that day was the trauma of her afterlife, the sight of your body going limp made tears gloss her eyes, she was a forgetful girl but once she remembers, it haunts her for a majority of days.

regardless, sally wanted to keep a positive side in this manor, it was already sad enough and she didn't need to add on that. so with a determined sigh, she released all the negativity and stood up, "come on charlie, let's bring the christmas spirit." she had muttered lowly, a small frail smile replacing her frown. this season, she was going to try her utmost best to at least cheer up a few pastas, one was enough, as long as it affected someone in a good way, she would willingly do it for the sake of her family.

the young girl puffed he cheeks, skipping towards the storage room under the stairs. the doors were run down, clearly showing that it hadn't been opened in a while. the compartment opened with a loud extended creak, making sally flinch, not only that but it seemed to catch someone else's attention. the familiar whistle and clicks of a brunette filled the young girls ears.

"sally?" toby peaked over the railings of the stairs, staring at the girl, goggle-less and no mask present. he wore a simple white tee and sweatpants, the dark circles under his eyes were much evident, layers of wrinkles accompanied, showing that the man was more than exhausted, from what? sally wasn't sure but she had a good assumption.