The Avatar Returns

Water

Earth

Fire

Air

Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years passed, and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone.

But I believe Aang can save the world.

The yellow flare that the young monk launched continues to blaze through the sky as Katara and Aang appear over the horizon of the village. 

The Southern Water Tribe villagers had already gathered in the snow, watching the flare fly and waiting for the duo's return.

The village children caught glimpse of them first, their eyes lighting up in joy when they saw Aang.

"Yay! Aang's back!"

Some of the kids run over to him, while others cheered in the crowd. Aang received them, smiling fondly, but the adults in the frowned at the interaction.

Sokka burst out from the crowd and stalked towards Aang angrily.

"I knew it!" The Water Tribe boy exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at the 12 year old. "You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?"

"Aang didn't do anything! It was an accident." Katara protested.

"Yeah. We were on the ship and there was this booby trap, and, well…" Aang sheepishly rubbed his head, trying to explain himself. "….we booby-ed right into it."

"Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship! Now we could all be in danger!" Kanna said worriedly.

"Don't blame Katara. I brought her there. It's my fault." Aang said, trying to shift the blame to himself.

"Aha! The traitor confesses!" Sokka said, both angry and triumphant. Then he turned to the kids. "Warriors, away from the enemy."

The kids walk away from Aang, hanging their heads sadly.

"The foreigner is banished from our village."

"Sokka, you're making a mistake." Katara protested, clenching her fists.

"No, I'm keeping my promise to Dad." Sokka said practically growling, then he pointed to Aang. "I'm protecting you, from threats like him!"

"Aang is not our enemy!" Katara started angrily, but then lowered her voice. "Don't you see? Aang's brought us something we haven't had in a long time, fun."

"Fun?! We can't fight firebenders with fun!" Sokka said annoyed.

"You should try it sometime." Aang said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Get out of our village! Now!" Sokka ordered, already fed up of the young airbender.

Katara turned to her grandmother with pleading eyes. "Grandmother, please. Don't let Sokka do this!"

"Katara, you knew going on that ship was forbidden. Sokka is right. I think it best if the airbender leaves." Kanna said, agreeing with her grandson.

"Fine! Then I'm banished, too!" Katara exclaimed, then grabbed Aang's wrist, pulling him away. "Come on Aang, let's go."