The Boy In The Iceberg

The South Pole.

Of course it's full of ice, what'd you expect?

The icy sea, icebergs just floating around in the water, and on shore, snow just covering everywhere.

In the barren snow filled land, a small canoe slowly drifts on the water.

The canoe had two young people in it, sitting quietly.

Sokka, a 16 year old teen, and Katara, his 14 year old sister, were the ones on the boat.

"It's not getting away from me this time." Sokka said, spear raised as he stared at the little fish swimming in front of the canoe.

He grins confidently and turned to his younger sister. "Watch and learn Katara, this is how you catch a fish."

Katara boredly looked at her brother, before glancing to the side of the boat. She gasped softly as she saw another fish swimming round her side of the boat.

Katara quickly glanced at her brother, then stood up, removing her glove.

She took a deep breath and released. Then she started making a circular motion with her wrist.

Sokka kept staring at the fish on his side of the boat, unaware of what was happening.

Katara continued waving her hand, this time adding her other wrist in the movement, eyes furrowed in concentration.

Suddenly the ball of water came up, with the fish trapped inside.

Katara gasped happily. "Sokka look!"

Sokka shushed his sister whispering. "Shhhh! Katara, you're going to scare it away."

He licked his lips, wiggling his fingers, not taking his eyes off the fish.

"Mmmm......I can already smell it cooking."

Katara was still controlling the bubble of water, but she was now finding it difficult to maintain it, as her face was distorted.

"But Sokka, I caught one."

Her bubble drifts over to Sokka, who was still oblivious.

Sokka then raised his spear, popping Katara's bubble, making him soaking wet.

"Hey!" Katara cried out as Sokka groaned.

Katara's eyes follow the fish and it tumbled through the air, then fell back in the water.

Sokka yelled out dropping his spear.

"Why is it that everytime you play with magic water, I get soaked?"

Katara stared at her brother in slight annoyance before answering. "It's not magic, it's waterbending. And it's...."

"Yeah, yeah. An ancient art unique to our culture, blah, blah, blah. Look I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself." Sokka said.

"You're calling ME weird? I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself everytime I see my reflection in the water."

Katara retaliated crossing her arms, smirking at her brother who indeed was making muscles at himself.

Sokka frowned, opening his mouth to say something, when suddenly the boat tilted.

The siblings yelped as the tide came strong, tossing their boat up and down, and then sweeping it down the river.

The boat was heading for a giant iceberg.

Sokka grabbed his spear trying to steer them away, but the boat won't budge and more icebergs were appearing out of nowhere.