Chapter 25: Blush

Athy's POV

I woke up to the sunlight hitting my face as Lily opened the curtains.

"Good morning, princess." Lily flashed her angelic smile at me.

"Mmm.. Good morning, Lily." I rubbed my eyes.

I glanced at Jeannette, who was peacefully sleeping next to me. I can hear her light breaths.

"Do I have anything for today, Lily?" I asked as I sat up.

Lily pours water into a glass, "Not really, although there are some paper works you have to finish today."

I nodded.

"Mmm.." Jeannette was starting to wake up.

I smiled, patting her head, "Good morning, sister."

"..Morning." She muttered, trying to adjust from the sunlight.

"Did you guys have fun last night?" Lily enthusiastically asked as she handed me the glass of water.

I took the water from her and took a sip.

"Yes, we definitely got closer." I replied.

Lily rubbed Jeannette's head, "Good morning my lady."

"Morning Lily." Jeannette sat up and took the glass of water that Lily offered her.

"Will you be busy today, Athy?" Jeannette turned to me.

I took one look at the pile of papers needed to be finished, "It seems so."

Jeannette's demeanor became down, "I see."

She wants to spend time with her sister. How cute.

I chuckled, "you can help me if you'd like?"

Jeannette perked up, "Really? I don't mind."

"Yes, it wouldn't be so bad to teach you a thing or two about managing the empire." I decided.

------------------------

"Unbelievable.." I was shocked as I looked over the paperwork.

"Did I... Did I really do that bad?" Jeannette couldn't meet my eyes, "I'm sorr-"

"Bad? No, it's not even close to that."

Jeannette looked depressed, "so it's absolutely revolti-"

"No! I meant that it's unbelievable how you can manage paperwork so neatly like this within a few hours of being taught." I shook my head in unbelief. She is the female lead after all.

Jeannette blushed, "I hope you're not lying..."

"I'm not!" I reassured her. It took me all of Lee Ji Hye's life to get used to managing business and paperworks, but she only needed a few hours. This is truly amazing. I would've loved for her to manage paperworks in my business as Lee Ji Hye.

"If you keep continuing at this rate, you'll be better than me in no time." I patted her head.

She smiled warmly, "If sister says so, then it must be."

Thanks to Jeannette, we were done with the entire pile of paperworks in no time. 

"Next time, I'll bring you to the meetings." I told her.

Jeannette seemed to be scared of the thought, "Meetings?! No, no. I'm fine."

I shook my head, "You need to learn to face people and stand your ground. Just managing paperworks will make you a pushover."

"Pushover.." Jeanette muttered under her breath.

"Yes, you don't want to be one, right?"

"No, of course not!" She said, fired up.