The royal ball

3rd person.
royal au

The Minamoto family was hosting a royal ball to celebrate Kou's brother taking over the throne.
Kou was in the garden sitting next to Teru on a bench, the surroundings were beautiful straight out of a fairytale but expect this wasnt a fairytale exactly more like the existence of a human realm and a ghost realm.
"Im so happy for you Teru you're finally gonna be king."
"Thanks Kou but im not necessarily happy since along with the power comes a lot of responsibility plus ill be in charge of the whole exorcist kinght thing-"
"Im sure you'll do great. you've always had. but speaking about the other side and stuff.. can i-"
"Kou. i'm not allowing you to invite any sort of person from the other realm. plus our parents are inviting The deyo kingdom, yknow the one with Yashiro and Aoi. Maybe you can find yourself a wife or something."
".. Yeahh but the spirits arent that bad yknow and im pretty sure both the princesses have intrests already."
"We are exorcists we are not allies with the spirits. and that's it." Teru got up giving Kou a firm look then walking away leaving Kou alone with his thoughts.

Kou stared at the ground talking to himself
"Maybe I can sneak him in somehow.. I need find Hanako." Kou got up and started rushing out of the kingdom and into the forest where Yashiro, Hanako and him usually hung out behind everyones back.

Yashiro and Hanako could be heard from further away they were laughing a lot, Kou rushed over to them.
"Dude what the hell stop being so loud someone will find out abt this"
"ohhhh well look who the cat dragged in" Hanako said in a playful mood. Hanako was one of the rulers of the underworld but he never really acted like it he was still very childish.
"OH Kou, heh hey we were just talking about the royal ball you are hosting." Yashiro said while still trying not to laugh.
..."whats so funny anyways."
"Well me and Yashiro were talking about how your 2 kingdoms want to match you and Yashiro togheter."
"Yeah and whats funny about that"
"That no one has realized your gay for someone from the kingdom your rival against"
"That is not that funny- Plus that's your kingdom dumbass. But I did come here to talk to you guys about something."
"Let me guess you want to sneak Mitsuba in so you want Hanako to ask him meet up with you" Yashiro added.
"How did you-.. whatever yeah that and here i want to meet up"
"Thats great I was gonna sneak in to so we can all meet up here" Hanako said turned upside down just floating around. "The thing we are worried about is we cant get caught causeee then that would cause a massive argument and maybe war"
"and Ill get hella grounded too but Hanako please tell Mitsuba"
"I will traffic earrings"
"you learned that from him didn't you."
"sure did heh-"
"Yeah whatever im gonna go now see you guys evening night I guess" Kou waved while slowly walking away , while Yashiro and Hanako waved back.

The next day, THE ball day evening

Kou waited anxiously for the others to arrive, he didn't want to get ditched and he was so nervous to see Mitsuba.
A few minutes later Hanako jumped out of nowhere and yelled Boo making Kou jump from the random jump-scare
"JESUS HANAKO IM GONNA KILL YOU SOMEDAY-" Kou jokingly pushed Hanako away smiling. He turned around and saw Yashiro and .. Mitsuba and now he was actually stunned. He pulled himself togheter and hugged Mitsuba.
"Hey Mistu, how have you been"
Mistuba hugged Kou back for once he was feeling nice and didnt want to ruin the moment
"Im doing good traffic earrings but don't start getting emotional with me, you can't charm me"
Yashiro just awkwardly walked over to Hanako and let those two be.
"AHEM sorry to interrupt your reunion but we have a party to sneak in." Hanako just stared at them.
"Yeah " Kou let go of Mitsuba "Let's go." come on follow me. But after we are in you guys are going your separate ways and Hanako will be Yashiros problem now"
"Shoot now i will get in trouble if Hanako gets caught "
"Don't worry Yashiro I am reaaall good at being quiet "
"by the way you are saying it you are lying"
Kou started walking towards the castle gates but to the side where guards werent at, he hid a ladder next to a tree that he placed againt the wall.
"come one one at a time and hurry, jump down and wait for the rest."
"I don't think me and Hanako need a ladder- yknow we are supernatural we can fly" Mitsuba said
"well- at least yashiro and me can use it so come on"
Yashrio and Kou climbed the ladder and jumped down while Mitsu and Hanako just flew above it.
"Great we are in Now come one Yashiroo lets go just us plus im sure those twoo got many plans for the night if you know what im saying" Hanako grabbed Yashiros arm and just started running"
"DUDE ? Have you forgot about the being quiet part??!" Kou whispered yelled.
"Kou shut up just let them be"
Kou looked at Mistu
"Woah you called me Kou instead of lame traffic earrings"
".. its not a big deal- now lets go"
Kou grabbed Mitsu hand who clearly got flustured by it and walked through the back kitchen door in the farm/garden thing.
"shh dont make a noise okay?"
Kou looked at Mitsu making eye contact both having slight red on their cheeks. He carefully dragged Mitsuba between halls.