*Frosted Lavander

*It's cold ... Isn't it?

January 4th of 2013:

I remember when Pokemon was all over the place after it released in the early 2000's, just when i was merely a kid. The nostalgia about it... not only that but I was REALLY into Pokepasta's, no creepypasta, just... Pokemon Creepypasta's.

They always fascinated me! Like how Games would just crash or stop working, characters talking directly to you! Or how you got hacked copies of fire red or the other cartridges from some random ass man or seller, so much creepy bullshit at the time was very uncanny... But it was cool hearing about it. I was really invested now that I look back, I myself tried to get a hacked copy... But of course it wouldn't work, i
I was just some kid who'd people would think as a weirdo!

Since the Pokemon games costed shit loads of cash it was hard to get them... From where i lived that is. But I vividly remember a cartridge titled: "Pokemon Purple." My mom bought it for my sister, who clearly didn't want it, in such giving it to me. Being the dorky 11 year old i was i gladly took it. I don't really remember where my mom got it, but it definitely was at a nearby flea market we used to live by... The cartridge was neatly packaged, didn't look creepy, bloody... It was just... Normal looking. I thankfully had a Gameboy, so it was just an easy pop in and play.

It seemed brand-new, a newly made copy, all that was different is that the character at the starting menu was two people! The male and female role, supposedly Red and Green... Or leaf, the female rival or protagonist people always talked about. The pokemon was both a Charizard and a Venusaur, both in their cool little poses... It was everything to me. Starting the game i chose the "New Game" option or whatever it was... Obviously the cutscenes played with Professor Oak, introducing you to the so called "World of Pokemon." Then it came to the part where i chose my character, and my name. Of course, I chose the male protagonist, and named him: "Red" then put my rivals name, "Blue."

Miraculously enough, Leaf and another character popped up, this new character was a girl, she had her Dark Purple hair neatly combed back, with little bangs and two pieces of hair dangling at both sides of her head. She seemed to be wearing the top piece of a Hakama, with an obi belt tying it shut, having a black shirt underneath. She wore jeans, and black heels with white tips at the front, she also wore a little wing Hairclip, Wich i thought was pretty cute. Dialogue then read: "These two young ladies are also your rivals! Both also growing up as your neighbors, and friends from right next door since birth! What are their names again?" In such little text boxes popped up for both of them. For the first girl, i put "Green" obviously. I would've chosen Leaf, but i wanted to keep the color coding pattern. Then it came to the other girl... What DID I want to name her? Looking at the cartridge at the top of the Gameboy, i pondered for a moment... What is a shade of purple? Obviously no kid would just call their kid "Purple" ... Or Red and Blue... So i decided on a unique name: "Lavender" i wanted to name this girl Lavender!

Sure it may sound like Lavender Town Syndrome, but I just wanted to give her a unique name, fitting with her unique persona. "Ah yes, Green and Lavender we're their names! Glad to be reminded!" Professor Oak spoke, before the game started. My character appeared in his house. I went downstairs to talk to my "mom." She gave the same dialogue any other game had, in such afterwards i went outside. To my surprise, Lavender was outside waiting for me! So early in the game and i was already talking to this new character... "How cool!" i thought.

*Hey Red! I was wondering when you'd come outside, what took you so long?

She'd speak, at this point i was practically jumping around all excited to learn about this character, something about her was so calming... It was nice, i then started to go back to reading the dialogue.