12 pt. 2

TW// implied violence, major character death

Alternative ending

Be ready to cry

---

"Would you do me the honor of letting me walk you home?"

"Nah it's okay, wouldn't want you getting jumped on your way out or something."

"Are you sure you don't want me to come? With the grabber.." Bruce asked one more time as they walked away from the park. Approaching the street where they'd have to go their separate ways.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I've walked around dozens of times and I've yet to see the fucker." Vance reassured, putting a hand on Bruce's shoulder and smiling reassuringly when Bruce looked at him.

"I guess that's fair." Bruce sighed, returning the smile. He felt a little bit better but he was still weary. He just had a feeling in the pit of his stomach, he was sure Vance would agree if he told him, but he felt like he was just overreacting over something silly.

"Catch you later." Vance said, walking to the right and up the road. Bruce stood there staring at Vance's back for a few seconds before he took a deep breath and continued walking.

He still couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong but there wasn't really anything he could do about it. Vance had already said goodbye and walked home, he was probably already in his room right now.

Vance is fine, calm down

He wished he'd just followed after Vance like he wanted to.

---

Vance dug his hands into his pockets, kicking rocks as he walked down the quiet road. He kind of wished he'd said yes to Bruce, he had a an off feeling, but he felt like that a lot so he didn't really pay much mind to it.

That was until he heard the sound of a car engine, it was weirdly loud so he looked back upwards. he frowned when he saw a big black van.

What the hell.

He tried to ignore the itching uncomfortable feeling it gave him, turning down a random street, hoping the van would just drive down the street and disappear into the distance so he could get back on the route to his house.

Another fuck you from the universe caused it to follow him down the street.

Shit.

Vance could fight, sure. He could probably take on whoever was in the car, probably. But then again they were still in a car, a huge ass van at that. He could take a beating but he didn't really think he could take being hit by a fucking van.

By now it was dark out, Vance couldn't make out much detail of the van or the person inside of it, the headlights blinded him when he turned to look. It was moving slowly behind him. He was so screwed.

He decided to try his luck, running as fast as he could away from the van. There was seemingly no one and nothing around. It felt like a nightmare, it didn't make any sense, where the hell was everybody?

He looked behind himself only to see the van wasn't moving and the car door was open. Before he could look back he bumped into something. Someone.

They grabbed onto him, putting him in a headlock. He tried thrashing around but the man was strong, stronger than him apparently.

He barely registered when he held a dirty looking cloth to his face, trying to fight the dizziness that was overcoming him.

He slumped in the man's arms. Knocked out.