Alaina arrived at Bellas'. The sky was dark with stars and a moon shining down. Bella's red truck was parked in the driveway with over twenty people surrounding it. Charlie had a small search party going on for his daughter.

"I will start by looking in the woods." Said Sam. "I'm sure she didn't get far."

"Okay." Charlie said.

Charlie didn't wait for Sam to return, he continued pointing people in every direction on a map, going to split them up for the search. Jacob and Billy stood, or sat in Billy's case, inches from Charlie.

"I'm gonna try the Cullen's place again." Charlie said, dialing the number.

"The Cullens left town, Charlie." Said Billy.

"Good riddance." Said Harry Clearwater.

"Where'd they go?" Charlie asked. Alaina moved in interested as well.

"We'll find her, Charlie." Harry said.

"Thanks, Harry."

Billy looked over at Alaina. He assumed that she'd been seeing the Cullens. And now he did know, from Sandra telling him.

"Charlie!" Jacob looked behind him.

They all faced the woods to see Sam carrying out Bella, who was asleep in her orange rain jacket. Charlie ran to his daughter.

"She's all right." Billy said.

"I got her." Charlie took her from Sams' arms. "Thank you, Sam."

He took his daughter inside, ignoring the people outside his home.

"Come on, Alaina." Said Sam. "I'll take you home."

"It's okay." Said Alaina. "I'll walk."

"No." Billy said. "Go get in the truck. No one needs to be walking this late at night."

Alaina had no choice but to listen. Sam drove her from Bella's, to her own.

For three months, Bella was hardly at school. And when she was at school, she wasn't, she was distant from everyone. Always sitting at the table that the Cullens would sit at, in the same exact seat Edward sat in. Alaina thought it was to feel closer to him, but she didn't know. She could read her mind.

Alaina was told that since the Cullen's left Forks, because of people recognizing that Carlisle wasn't aging, Bella had been having nightmares. She'd wake up scream in the middle of the night, keeping Charlie up, which kept Alaina and Charlie switching night shifts to help her.

"Alaina." Mike slapped the lunch table, bring her back to the real world.

"What?" Alaina jumped from the loud noice.

"Will you?"

"Will I what?" She asked.

"We're going to the movies soon. Are you going to join us?"

"When?" Alaina asked.

"Whenever Jessica is ready." Mike shrugged. "She's still upset that we decided to be just friends."

"Yeah." Alaina said. "I will. Just let me know."

"Thought you was grounded." Eric said.

The next day, Alaina gotten a call from Bella, who hadn't called her in weeks. Alaina immediately picked up.

"I'm outside." Bella said.

Alaina moved back her light blue curtains to see Bella's red truck in her driveway, with something wrapped up in a tarp, in the tailgate. The phone hung up. Alaina ran out of her house before her grandmother could say a word, and jumped in the truck.