23-Not the end of the world after all

Nick's pov

After practice, I get ready to leave with my gang but instead, I suddenly get surprised by a hand on my shoulder.

"God you scared me!" I turn around and notice Myung to my grand surprise.

"Yung? I thought you left already?" I say quite confused. Wait, he still wants to talk to me? Even after everything?

"No...I waited to talk to you..."

"Why? Why would you want to talk to me? You are clearly on their side."

"No...I'm not. The way the guys treat you..."

"Isn't right I know all of that but you are a part of that gang and that's fine."

"No, it's not ok!" I get cut off guard by the strength of his voice.

"Ok? Then, why do you want to talk to me?"

"Well, for instance, I don't agree with what the guys said to you...it's too harsh and..."

"And what Myung?!"

"I don't mind you and Ezra dating..."

"Oh really? Are you sure about that? You used to say Ezra is weird."

"Well, he isn't what everyone is used to but I never said I was against you being gay."

"Ok...so you're not homophobic and you're with the wrong gang. Where are we going with this?"

"Well for starters, I want to apologize for what I said..it was mean of me...I shouldn't have listened to those guys."

"So you feel sorry for me? Or do you also feel sorry for Ezra?"

"For the both of you."

"Don't say that to me. Apologize to him."

"He won't want to hear it.."

"Maybe not but I'll make him understand."

"You sure he's gonna accept my apology?"

"I don't know for sure as he's stubborn as hell when he wants to be." Despite the seriousness of this conversation, I can't help but admit a small part of Ezra.

"Yeah...but how did you hide it for so long? I could never do that." It's my turn to chuckle.

"That I can't tell you for sure."

"Not fair..." I laugh this time around.

"How about I drive you back home?"

"You sure the others won't mind?"

"They'll have to accept anyways. What goes in my car is what goes in my car." We both laugh at that.

"I'm sorry you lost your captaincy."

"It's fine. I had seen this one coming. Now let's go!"

Instead, he hugs me into a crushing hug and I'm left at a loss for words. It's the rigging of my phone that reminds me I have a whole squad waiting for me.

————————-

The third day, simple as that. Yeah, that's not that simple at all.

It's the third day I have to go through the effects of my secret going out everywhere.

It is hell but it is starting to calm down a little. Everyone is realizing that this is serious and not a joke. It isn't some recent news to hear about anymore.