one // locked coffin

3rd POV

"Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!" Klaus growled, holding the dagger up in the air with Elijah's throat in his grasp.

"Go on. Use it. I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with" he choked out. Klaus realised he had a point, Elijah is much more tolerable than Kol, and lowered his arm while letting go of Elijah's throat.

"Mikael is dead" Klaus tells him.

"What did you say?"

"I killed him, with his own weapon. He's gone Elijah, forever." Klaus held back his grin. Elijah simply looked around at the five coffins in the room, one of them being his.

"Then why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century" he went on.

"Because of Stefan Salvatore" He answered. "He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them."

Klaus needed her in order to pursue what he wanted, for all of them to be together again. He needs her for more reasons than one, and Stefan stole her from him. And not only that, but the person in the fifth coffin, his mother, is holding him back from setting them all free.

"There are things that you don't know about our past Elijah. About our mothers death. Things I did not want you to know but I'm ready to tell you now." Klaus explained, looking over his shoulder to see their mothers coffin.

He took a few steps back before turning around and opening the container of ash. "I only ask that you reclaim the oath you once swore to me" He swirled the end of the dagger into the ash before walking back over to Kol's coffin.

"What are you doing?" Elijah hissed as Klaus plunged the dagger right back into Kol's chest.

"Always and forever" He finished, staring back at him. "I need you to stand by my side. Be my brother. Help me destroy Stefan and I promise our family will be whole again."

~The next day, still 3rd POV~

"Tea with an old friend" Damon hung up the phone, noticing Elijah's presence. "Elijah, my favourite original back from the dead. You clean up nice."

Elijah smirked, reaching into his jacket pocket. "You left something, in my jacket pocket" He says, holding up the piece of paper.

"Oh, yeah. Dear Elijah, let's get together, plot the destruction of your brother. Xoxo-"

"Damon" He finished.

"Was I right to un-dagger you or are we going to have a problem?"

"Well I'm here, let's talk." Here being in the middle of no where, surrounded by open grassland and trees.

"Let's start with an easy question. Any idea what Klaus killing weapon could be magically sealed in a mystery coffin?"

~Meanwhile~

"Slow down!" Abbey called, trailing far behind Stefan as he moved through the tunnel extremely quickly. "Keep up, we don't have much time."

"I'm sorry Stefan but I didn't have a choice" Bonnie apologised with gritted teeth.

"There was a choice Bonnie. You made it now we have to live with it. You told Klaus where the coffins were and he took them. All of them except this one."

They came to a holt. Stefan shone his light over to the coffin, staying a far distance away from it.

"That's the coffin that's sealed?" Abbey asked.

"Yup. Fortunately it seems to be the one he cares about most" Stefan answered as Abbey and Bonnie continued to walk towards it.

"This is a bad idea" Abbey commented.

"If you're really the key to opening this coffin, I think it's a pretty safe bet you're on Klaus' hit list. So I suggest you hide out here and figure out how to open the damn thing."

"I told you, I don't have any powers."

"And I don't believe you. Time is ticking. It won't be long before Klaus calls his hybrids to find that coffin and kill all of us. So dig deep, Abbey Bennett, scrape out whatever magic you have left" and with that Stefan left both Abbey and Bonnie to try and open the mysterious coffin.

-

I know it's not much, but I had to start somewhere. I didn't want to start too far back because then it'll take forever to get to the good part and I want to get things moving.

Hopefully it makes sense, I know it's got all different scenes.

Thoughts?

xx Charliiiiii