Right Beneath Your Feet

There is a secret world right beneath your feet. You would have never suspected it. Never known we were here. You see we have people who can things up when stuff goes wrong. We also live a lot longer. That means that we don't fall in love with mortals. Most if us have learned that they die and that we can't get caught  up on their death. Obviously we die too we just age slower. That is one if the reasons you don't know But there are many more.
One of them is that we would endanger you, we have had multiple secret wars. In each so many of us have died. We have sacrificed ourselves to do the right thing but so many more doing the wrong. I was involved in the worst war of all, the reason why it was the worst was because of me. Because of what I did. I let my anger consume me. I wanted to kill, so I did just that. I fought on both sides in the war. when I was myself I was on the side of the good, and when I wasn't myself, well, that's a story for another time. I didn't believe in what they were fighting for I just wanted to kill.
I have done terrible things. Awful, horrible, terrible things. But that's why I do good thing. To make up for what I did.  No one knows what I did but I do. I let my anger consume me.  Swallow me up. I wasn't myself. I was an entirely different person. Then one day I realised what I was doing. I stopped. I stopped wanting to kill. I thought I wanted justice for my family's death. Then I realised that justice was making harmony and revenge was making yourself feel better. I wanted revenge because what I was doing definitely wasn't making harmony. I changed. I left the murderer behind. I even left the old me behind. They all thought I was dead. I couldn't go back. But I came back, back in black.